Rupp 72, 1968 TT-500, Vintage Class, OldMiniBikes Build Off 16'

I also had the wheele centers clear anodized, it gave the wheels a really uniform appearance and finish. It made the wheels a little darker but if anything it will just contrast with the chrome a little bit more wich i think should give it a really awesome look. It should also be corrosion resistant for a very long time. I just didn't want to simply paint the wheels, i wanted them to still look like metal as if it were just coming out of the factory. Paint just doesn't duplicate the look i wanted.

Are you going to put chrome screws in there for the contrast?

Rupp 72

I polised the studs and pounded them back in but didn't chrome them as the aren't really seen once the disc brake is on. However the hex bolts, acorn nuts, sprocket and disk brake are all chrome plated.

Rupp 72

Well it is finally finished! My best work yet by far. There was no detail missed on this bike. The goal was to make it as close to original as possible but add a few extra touches to make it more of a show bike (nothing that could't be undone if someone wanted it truly original) The engine is the original to the bike Tecumseh H50, also has an original rupp crash bar and exhaust pipe (not reproduction), as well as an optional Dellorto MB22A carb.

Rupp 72

Big Block sounds real cool with the header pipe on.
That turned out great! They will always be my favorite minibike to ride.
Wow!
Av definite looker.
Sounds sweet too!
Superb restoration and purty chrome shine.
Thanks everyone! The video was recorded on my phone so the sound quality isn't the best, in person the bike sounds like a Harley and man is it loud!