Rupp production years?

does anyone out there no what was the last year for rupp minibike production? I have just aquired a raspberry colored roadster 2, and after restoring many rupps over the years and speaking with the experts on how to determine the year of manufacture on the newer bikes(stamping on the left rear side of the seat pan),this one is stamped 1977. I cannot use the engine numbers to get a build date on the original engine because the blower housing is missing.any help out there? thanks:shrug:

I thought that '73 was the last year for Roadsters. I guess I could be wrong, but '77 seems way too late for me. I doubt it was made in '77, then again, as I said, I am wrong all the time. Just my thoughts.

Itype2slo

I've seen Roadster-2's called Rupp Trailmasters (same exact bike) and they were sold in 74-75. Do a search somebody had a cool article on Micky Rupp I don't remember what year but the company and production went belly up at least 2 or 3 years after he left. I hope this helps

I have a earlier 68 or 69 tt500 rupp . The serial # on mine is on a plate that connects the top tubes to the head tube . Don't know if this would help but its info :shrug:.

does anyone out there no what was the last year for rupp minibike production? I have just aquired a raspberry colored roadster 2, and after restoring many rupps over the years and speaking with the experts on how to determine the year of manufacture on the newer bikes(stamping on the left rear side of the seat pan),this one is stamped 1977. I cannot use the engine numbers to get a build date on the original engine because the blower housing is missing.any help out there? thanks:shrug:
Do you have a picture of the stamping. As far as I have heard from talking to the Rupp guys that 1976 is the latest that a Roadster2 has frame had been found. Rupp did start stamping the numbers in the side of the seat pan in 1973 if I remember correctly. According to the Rupp sales flier that 1975 was the last year.

I also have a restored brown 1975 roadster;they were identical to earlier models except they deleted the reflectors on the shocks and headlight brackets,;they also used different grips on the handlebars and the tires no longer said Rupp on them.:smile: