Rupp Seat Cover

capguncowboy

I did order one on Ebay the other day. I figured for the price difference, I could put the snaps on myself. It will be here tomorrow, so I'll let you know how the quality is. At this point, anything is better than what I've got though.

jrzmac

I bought the plain rupp seat a few years ago from ebay and it came with the snaps. Its not correct but its pretty thick and fits well.:thumbsup:
manchester, like this?

I have one already, but really want one that says Rupp. I had an original the came with the bike, but it had a small tear near one of the snaps. So guess what I did. yep, I THREW IT IN THE GARBAGE!!!!! what an idiot I am!!!!

haha, here it is. see the small rip by the snap?

That's the seat:thumbsup: Don't feel bad, I still have my Rupp from when I was a kid and I didn't think the lights was cool, so I threw them in the trash:facepalm:

capguncowboy

I got my cover today. Overall, I'm impressed with the quality vs cost. The tail on the R in Rupp is wrong, but if I'm going to start being that picky, I'll just stop the mini bike thing altogether.

It doesn't have the snaps, but I can use the old cover to mark where they need to go.

Here are the detailed pictures. The Rupp logo is smaller on the new (along with the tail on the R being incorrect)

The pleating is different. The new one actually looks nicer than the old one, but if you're a stickler for details, that might stand out for you

The width and length are identical as far as I can tell. I know there will be some stretching and shrinking due to the nature of the vinyl, and the age difference between the two

The new one appears to be quality made. The stitching along the inside is top-notch and the stamping indicates they used quality material.

Overall, I'm happy with it. For the price, you can't beat it (unless you get one with snaps already installed. It's a high quality product if you can overlook a couple minor differences.

jrzmac

thanks a lot!!! I think I might get one. after all, I'm not entering the bike in any minibike show or anything ..... I like to ride my bike, not stare at it :smile: Do me a favor though if you can, take a few pics after you install it on the bike? I wanna see what it looks like over the foam!

capguncowboy

thanks a lot!!! I think I might get one. after all, I'm not entering the bike in any minibike show or anything ..... I like to ride my bike, not stare at it :smile: Do me a favor though if you can, take a few pics after you install it on the bike? I wanna see what it looks like over the foam!
Sure thing. I'm going to try to get out to Hobby Lobby tomorrow morning and pick up some snaps. I might have it on there tomorrow evening if they have the right ones.

capguncowboy

I finally managed to find a few minutes to mark and snap in the new buttons. I think it turned out great. I debated on marking it several different ways, but I finally decided to just put it on the bike and mark each one with a pen. I tried my best to get them all installed at the same height (I'm OCD about stuff like that). In the pictures, there are still some creases in the vinyl, but a few ours out in the sun should take care of that. The biggest thing I can see is that the original cover was cut at an angle around the shock bolts. The new one overlaps them. I can see this causing tears in the cover if ridden excessively.

Is it perfect? No. Is it good enough for me? Yep.

Basically, the end result is a really nice seat cover. It's not totally correct, but if you're trying to save a few bucks, it's a safe route. It's made really well with quality materials.