Rupp "SS" Build

H guys !.....i'm new here, i thought i would share my progress on one of 3 rupp scramblers i recently purchased,...i found one in PA...(i'm from long island), and found out that he had 2 more !,...so figured What the Hell !,...i'll take em all !...one was decent, and the other 2 were VERY ROUGH, so i thought i would take the "worst" one and build something that looked factory fresh, but a little different,so i decided to build myself a rupp "SS" (Super Scrambler).....it would be upgraded from the standard 3 1/2 hp to a 5hp tecumseh, and have front brakes added, off road knobby tires, optional white seat cover and chrome rear grab bar, adjustable rear shocks.....i also had everything powder coated in candy apple tangerine !....i designed all new laminated custom graphics to go with the SS theme (i own a small graphics business so i made these myself),...practically EVERYTHING on this bike is new!,....my hands were SHAKING $$$ when i did the checkout at blackwidow motorsports,and rupparts !!! (these guys are a GREAT resource, and VERY helpful),....i've been wanting to do one for a long time now, and like alot of you out there, i'm trying to re-live some GREAT childhood memories !.....i had a black widow at age 15, and now i'm 55, so i guess i'm going through a MIDLIFECRISE "SS" .:eek:ut:....LOL ! ......heres a couple pics of my progress so far,.... hope you enjoy them

Attachments

Hello, and THANX to all for the positive comments .......the finish on the bike is a 2 stage powder coat,....i believe the color is candy apple tangerine,....and the wheels were done with chrome powder coat

That is an awesome bike. You should have tons of fun on it. :thumbsup:
Definitely looking forward to seeing what you do with the other 2
ME TOO !......i find it very gratifying to bring these old machines back to they're former glory, so they can continue to be enjoyed for future generations !......GREAT JOB to ALL you guys out there for bringing these great old mini bikes back from the dead !:scooter:

Looks killer for sure.

Any issues running that bowl carb on a slant?
i was running the HS50 on a test bike while i was building this frame, and it really ran great,.....i'm sure i will have to do a bit of tweeking as this is a new carb,......hopefully i wont have any issues

Bike looks sweet!!! Great job on the graphics! The tec skull headdress is KILLER!!! Check out my custom rupp.[/QUOTE]

NIIIIICE BIKE !......thats ALOT of custom work.....GREAT JOB !.......i thought some of the tecumseh lovers might get a kick out of that skull headdress...LOL......... View attachment 79000