Rupp TT500 Mid-Ohio find!

So i dont know how many of you guys went to mid ohio, but there was alot of minibikes for sale. I saw a tera floater for 400, a couple of real nice no names for cheap, and i found this poor tt500 in the camping area. The guy had no clue what he had other than it was a Rupp? Its funny he had the bike sitting in front of his camper all day but didnt come back from riding till late, so the next morning i stopped in to see what he wanted for it. Lets just say i got the deal of a lifetime! And the engine runs and the bike is complete not missing anything. I really am not looking to sell it and i allready have all the parts to rebuild it.

pomfish

Awesome Find!

Now you know you're screwed from finding another killer deal for like 7 years, right?
Enjoy it and show us those pics when she's done.

Actually i find this stuff all the time, it seems to come to me easy! Acouple weeks ago i found a 69 Rupp roadster im better condition than this one for a little bit more, They just come to me.

The front disc brake is cool. The caliper grabs the rotor from the inside, just like a Buell motorcycle. Is that original or custom?
That is the way they were designed, all the 68 's that had disc brakes were like that, they really didnt stop you dead, but would slow you down. Thats why in 69 they went to drum brakes.

delray

greg, you think both of your bikes have the original engines on them? what are the numbers stamp after the serial#
maybe your numbers would help me on my date code for my H-50 motor i have.:shrug:

greg, you think both of your bikes have the original engines on them? what are the numbers stamp after the serial#
maybe your numbers would help me on my date code for my H-50 motor i have.:shrug:
I have no reason to dought they are the original engines, i will get the numbers tonight, i was gonna start disassembling the tt500 tonight? I really wanna get it going soon.

delray

hey that would be great:thumbsup: they do look correct on your bikes,so i am hoping that there will be a 8 or 9 somewhere after the serial# that should help pin point where tecumseh date codes(year) on there big block H-motors. for example if your bikes are 1969 models they should have late 1968 or early to mid 1969 engine. some of the H-blocks have two sets of numbers after the serial# like my has?
H50-65266H serial 0238 1689T
hoping the first set is the year:shrug:
0=1970
238 day of the year
markg has some original H-block minibikes too and it is looking to be the first set and he also had couple engines that only had one set of numbers after the serial#
kind of like you see on HS-motors.

hey that would be great:thumbsup: they do look correct on your bikes,so i am hoping that there will be a 8 or 9 somewhere after the serial# that should help pin point where tecumseh date codes(year) on there big block H-motors. for example if your bikes are 1969 models they should have late 1968 or early to mid 1969 engine. some of the H-blocks have two sets of numbers after the serial# like my has?
H50-65266H serial 0238 1689T
hoping the first set is the year:shrug:
0=1970
238 day of the year
markg has some original H-block minibikes too and it is looking to be the first set and he also had couple engines that only had one set of numbers after the serial#
kind of like you see on HS-motors.

The 1968 TT500 , Model H50 65151H serial 8256 16710
The 1969 Roadster is , Model H50 65151H Serial 9174 06201

delray

yep,there it is greg. i see the first number right after the serial# is a 8 and 9 on both of your engines.
looks like the first set are the numbers to look at for a year:thumbsup:
thanks alot for posting them .............:scooter:

Great score Greg. You never see those things out here, but about 6- 7 years ago a buddy had amint one of those that I could have gotten for $200 and passed it up. That's definately one I still kick myself for passing up. They seem to be a very comfortable rider.