Rupp XL-500

Rupp 72

hey yall, i haven't been posting a whole lot on the site. I didn't have a minibike project in a while and have been busy with other stuff but i came across this rupp in MN and got it for the right price. It is either a XL500 or an XL350. i could be either one as all of the deciding factors are missing such as the original engine and clutch cover which are the only things that are different between the two models. So my plan is to get a H50 tecumseh and build it to be a XL-500 which would look great next to my TT500. It runs but the 2 horse briggs doesn't cut it. its missing some things but nothing that i can't find. hopefully it will be at least in good riding condition by Windber, and then fully restored soon after that.

buckeye

Cool, a Will, Nate build.:laugh:

I've had the pleasure of riding Nates other Rupp and it is spot on.
This should be a nice build. Be watching this one.:thumbsup:

I know exactly where you got that. I talked to that guy many times. He told me last fall that he basically had it sold to a guy from WI but if it didn't go through he would call me. Never got a call and then I saw he had reposted it while I was in KY for work. You snatched it from underneath me! :thumbsup: Good luck on the build. I need to PM you about something else too...

Rupp 72

haha, that's funny Biodude, i was actually supposed to pick it up last fall until i lost the guys number, so then i had to wait until he re-posted the add so i could call and locate him again.