Rust bucket

Chum of mine dropped off an Onan Emerald plus generator last week.
I have the inside of my sinus scraped out ( brain intact )and needed something to do I guess.

What he described set my heart a twitter.....
Green heavy flat twin generator my heart raced at the anticipation of owning another CCK stationary plant again.
Turned out to be a rusty old RV unit generator that has been sitting someplace damp for a very very long time.
It runs, with some tinkering ( needs a lot of work and some parts to be serviceable stand by unit again however )

Such disappointment lol.
The BGE is not a bad machine, its just like comparing a 65 chev Impalla to a 89 caprice is all...

I'd post some pictures, but I can't delete my old ones and its a real pain in the arse to upload new ones.
I need to look for some stickies to figure out how to get around these issues.

Not mine but its exactlyhttp://i1.ytimg.com/vi/xlhEn54bPNI/maxresdefault.jpg the same with more rust....

Last edited:
I'd post some pictures, but I can't delete my old ones and its a real pain in the arse to upload new ones.
I need to look for some stickies to figure out how to get around these issues.
The solution is simple, get a supporting membership and have unlimited photos:thumbsup:

chrisr

You may already know this, but once you have your old picture displayed in My Photos you can change the image and name of the posted picture with selecting the Photo Option and then select Edit Photo in the up right corner of the page. After uploading the new image just do ctrl + F5 to see your new image. Hope that helps.

I would like to start to delete my old pictures to be honest.
I have not been able to do that so far.....

The rust bucket continues to as a side burner project.
Had old ugly running and started a low level clean up ( mostly cosmetic to be honest... )

GOSH NO lol.

This is over two hundred pounds of electric plant .....

Here is a video of a nearly identical engine for a tractor ( same family ), and these are the light weight aluminum ones.

The BGE is front and centre now.
All the steel has been stripped of paint and the engine has been opened ( but not rebuilt ) for service.
Simple stuff the valves lapped and the lash adjusted everything cleaned up.

From the looks of it I would say this has A LOT of hours, ( a couple of thousand I would guess ).

It would look cool in a minibike frame but I don't know where I would put my legs
Being an apposed twin I imagine it would be very smooth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY69b1oCOgU

Last edited: