Ruttman wheel restoration

All I wanted to do was put a new back tire on this ruttman I bought, and new wheel bearings. What a surprise :eek:ut: When I took the wheel apart there was tons of rust........Had to cut the tire off. :hammer: Wire wheeled them to death. One half of wheel had a small hole I welded. What a ton of work, :doah: but I don't see many original wheels around so thats why I spent half a day on this project. Just gonna be a rider bike, no show bike. :thumbsup:

You did a nice job on the wheels! :thumbsup: Rust is public enemy #1 for all of us that are rebuilding these old minis. I have a set of Bird wheels that are pitted something terrible that need to be redone.

A buddy of mine told me to pick up some Evapo-Rust and I'm glad I did. Just soak the parts overnight and the rust is gone! It's a little on the expensive side but you can reuse several times. It really saves a lot of :grind:.

Evapo Rust :: Harris International Labs

Keep the pics a coming! Everyone loves pics!:sailor:

Finished wheels and put the new tire on, painted the sprocked and wire brushed all the bolts and spacers and installed new wheel bearings.:grind::hammer: Holy crap :doah: This job took me two birthdays. :scooter: I think they came out pretty good:thumbsup:

I just bought 2 thanks...:smile: I bought the kit somebody was selling on ebay for 59.00 with the brake, cable, cover, bolts, and handel. I had two mini"s with no brakes. I thought the 59.00 was a pretty good deal. Thats $59.00 "each" . :wink: The clutch cover bolted right on my clone engine that is on my ruttman.