Savage SSC Build

Well I've been wanting a Savage mini bike for awhile now and as most of you know they are a little hard to find. So I decided to build me one, and this will be my version of a Berkely Savage. I was going to use this frame in the build off but there doesn't seem to be any place for It.. seeing how Its already started...so here goes.

My version called Savage SSC.

I could always use some advice from you Sista.... :smile:

Even tho this does not look like much right now....this Is about two weeks In on this build.

Last edited:
Well It fascinates me to and can also test your patience at times.:cursing:

Getting the fork tube correct is always a fun time for me ! :no::censure:

Last edited:
My hopes are to build this bike as close as possible to the original, but with no specs of any kind....I'll be winging It. The engine I'm using will be a 6.5 hp rated just not a west bend.

On the fork neck I wanted to use bearings Instead of washers or bushings , so I went to my local sheetmetal shop and bought a piece of 1" 5/8 od tubing that would accept the bearings I was using.

Last edited:
Bearings were 1"1/2 X 5/8 with a outer locking clip to keep them in the neck tube, I'm very happy with the results they work great.

I have a friend that works at a welding shop and they have a programable (spelling) plas cutting machine...so he got me perfectly matching triple trees made. Outer holes are 1" od and the pivot hole is 5/8".

Last edited: