Scottessey's Rupp Dart Cycle

HD - My bike does have the top mount hole; I don't believe the Darts had the slots in the face of the cover, tho; I think yours is for a Continental WITH jackshaft - ones without use a different cover, I'm pretty sure; But to quote Mac, "I dunno".... :wink:

Hounddog

Thanks RF396! Thats what I thought too. It could get interesting when adjusting the chain slack with the engine; the cover needs to adjust too. With the rear mount being a slot the adjustment should be easy. :shrug:

HD - You are exactly correct on how it works for chain adjustment; Not difficult, just takes a little extra effort :wink:

Interesting...I don't see any slot in the back of that one...:detective:

Looks like it has a tab coming off it....how would you slide the motor forward to tension the chain...:confused:

Last edited:

Hounddog

Hey RF396 is that a protruding/extended tab with a bolt hole hanging off the end of your cover? Interesting....I wonder if our covers also have different widths. What is the width of your cover from left to right as you look down from above? Scott, what is the width of my cover? The reason I ask is that I do not think my cover would fit if an additional protruding tab was welded to the inner side? It would not line up straight with the engine mount area? :shrug: By the way....Very Nice Dart!!

HD - My cover is about 1 1/2" thick; the tab on the cover has a small slot to it, but not nearly as much as your cover does; It is lined up very straight, front to rear wise; My cover was like this when I got it; My best guess is that it could be an early model, possibly before Rupp realized it's easier & cleaner to slot the cover; Again, "I dunno" ..... :shrug:

Progress! This clutch cover was quite a challenge but it's DONE! :hammer: And, with a little bit of paint and a decal, this puppy will be ready to install. :thumbsup:

Ya know... I've been staring at these brochures... and I don't think the Standard model throttle is a Dellorto. It looks like the cable comes off it at the more typical right angle. If I'm right, I may be able to save a bit of time (and money) by avoiding trying to find one. The Deluxe undoubtedly used the Dellorto but I think the Standard used something else. Any guesses as to what kind of throttle/grip style is pictured on the Standard?