Anything Goes! Scratch built Harrison

cfh

There are a lot of parts you can buy for the harrison. most of which you have pictured above! but the frame tubes, well that's where it gets tough.

Are harrisons hard to find in your area? sure would be easier/cheaper to just buy one.... Looks like you're in Michigan. I see them on craigslist all the time, in varying formats (rollers to fully done.)

There are a lot of parts you can buy for the harrison. most of which you have pictured above! but the frame tubes, well that's where it gets tough.

Are harrisons hard to find in your area? sure would be easier/cheaper to just buy one.... Looks like you're in Michigan. I see them on craigslist all the time, in varying formats (rollers to fully done.)
Yea, I can buy one but I am a maker. I enjoy making things. I made all those parts in my entry pic. I am also making the clutch cover too. Here is a pic of my "real" Harrison (without the seat) that has the MrPat springer front end.
20171028_181232.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments.

Here are the Harrison templates I made some time ago using dimensions taken from my actual Harrison. I use a transfer punch to mark the centers of the holes, then drill them out using my drill press. Just make sure your holes are lubed well to make the drill bits last longer.
20190103_191133.jpg

Wow.... Pat, I am always watching your fab pics on here and I've picked up may tips just from watching your processes and tricks.. One being how to use a drill press for much more than just drilling holes.. but I'm actually excited to see this bike come together.. that fork setup turned out awesome! Great work!

Wow.... Pat, I am always watching your fab pics on here and I've picked up may tips just from watching your processes and tricks.. One being how to use a drill press for much more than just drilling holes.. but I'm actually excited to see this bike come together.. that fork setup turned out awesome! Great work!
Thanks man, I really enjoy making these things but my problem has always been not having thousands of dollars of equipment at my disposal. So I always try to use what I have available.

Here is my next dilemma. I need to make the ends of each of my frame tubes look like the pics attached. I tried a few different ways on some scrap with no luck. I have another idea that I'll try tomorrow.

No matter how I crush the tube, it always wants to smash it in the middle and not to one side.

20190105_161000.jpg 20190105_161117.jpg 20190105_204927.jpg