Screamer in Spokane

I am new to this forum..... Sort of. I browse every now and then. I am restoring an Arctic Cat Screamer and I am now searching for some tough parts, so I thought I'd finally introduce myself, so I can post for the parts I need. I hope it works.

Are you the guy that got the Screamer with the West Bend for $1600 awhile back? Man I really wanted to bid on that but the price was too fat for me.

EZ, thanks much for the kind welcome! Glad to be here.

SuperFlea, funny you should ask.... Oddly enough, I did put a Screamer on eBay about a year ago and it sold for around $1600. Went to a guy in Ohio, I believe. Nice guy who was patient for me to pack and ship it. It's not easy to pack an entire mini bike in a box. Anyway, it was kind of one of those deals where I really missed it and wished I never sold it. A friend got his Black Widow running and was giving me a hard time about selling my "slow Screamer", so then I really missed it and wanted something that would beat his Widder. Strangely enough, another Screamer showed up locally on Craigslist for "the first $75." Couldn't get there fast enough. It was very rough, but it had most of the motor, header, frame, and wheels. My intention was to build a runner to smoke the Widow and shut my loud mouthed friend up. Pretty soon, an NOS motor and drive clutch show up on eBay. Had to have it, so I bought it, mostly for the NOS clutch. Then, an NOS clutch cover shows up on eBay. Had to have it. Then an NOS tank shows up on eBay. Totally had to have that. Bought NOS: brakes and drums, fenders, fender stay, petcock, and a couple other things, and now my bargain basement $75 Screamer has cost me $1700. Now that I am pretty close to having the tough stuff, I figure I better finish it. Gotta find the rest now, so here I am, and since it's mostly going to be NOS, I still won't be able to smoke my friend, because it will all be new and too nice to run. The new plan is to build another runner now. Got my eyes open for a Caper, Azusa, or something that will take another West Bend or McCulloch.

Cool, I remember the $75 dollar one and I think I even called on it. I am up on Sacheen Lake in Pend Oreille County so I guess we are neighbors. I've got about 20 minis right now and none of them run. I keep getting kid projects in the way. I've been working on a Suzuki PE175 all summer for another kid. Hopefully, I am getting close to done with that one. I look forward to seeing the Screamer.

Fred

Hey Fred, didn't know I had mini bike collector neighbors! Pretty cool! I mostly collect and restore vintage go karts, which is why the Screamers interest me, since they have a kart motor. Got any Doodle Bugs or minis that would take a kart motor that you want to part with? Always wanted a Doodle Bug. Go Kart Jim, from Hillyard has bought and sold four of those from the Spokane area.