SC's Wild Ride

So I finally got around to looking up the California penal codes I was sited for..... The ticket says "PC 148(a)(1) ---Fail to stop for 602(p) investigation" Misdemeanor

148. (a) (1) Every person who willfully resists, delays, or obstructs any public officer, peace officer, or an emergency medical technician, as defined in Division 2.5 (commencing with Section 1797) of the Health and Safety Code, in the discharge or attempt to discharge any duty of his or her office or employment, when no other punishment is prescribed, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed one year, or by both that fine and imprisonment.

602 (p) Entering upon any lands declared closed to entry as provided in Section 4256 of the Public Resources Code, if the closed areas shall have been posted with notices declaring the closure, at intervals not greater than one mile along the exterior boundaries or along roads and trails passing through the lands.

So according to the hot shot that stopped me, He was honking his horn, flashing his lights and hitting his siren, slipping and sliding all over the dirt road in high speed (20mph or less) pursuit of lil old me in an attempt to "investigate" whether or not we were riding on "any land declared closed to entry".

Click for video...

Sounds an AWFUL lot like the land I was riding on was very much declared OPEN for entry, doesn't it? Anyone else notice the Sargeant standing behind the man with the megaphone and having NOTHING to say to the contrary?

So what exactly was there to "investigate"? I honestly and truly thought we had permission to be out there straight from the Ventura County Sherriff's Dept and so did everyone else that was riding out there.

So when I heard the ONE AND ONLY "WHOOP!" on the siren (have a witness for that part too, and there was no horn honking either as he claimed), I turned around and saw his car literally 10 feet or less behind me, I let off the throttle and he pulled his spectacular Dukes of Hazard move to cut me off. Had to make it look good for the cameras, you know.

And as far as that goes..... "failure to stop", I was about 100 yards away from being back in the parking lot at Funday..... and I live in South Florida..... Where exactly was I gonna "flee" to!?!?

:thefinger: End Rant.

Dude I would have just shook his hand, he must ne the cleverst cop alive if he can remember the codes for the violations.
Even I had to read your post twice:laugh:

Rumor has it Uncle Tom tipped them off, wanted you locked up so he could get your bikes:lol:

buckeye

If ya would have taken me with you on that ride, then they would have really had a crime on their hands. That poor head needed a ride.:laugh:

Sounds like you need the "TICKET CLINIC". They fight all traffic tickets out here. Don't know if there is one in Ventura county or not.

California Traffic Ticket Attorney / Lawyer | The Ticket Clinic California | Speeding Ticket Lawyer in California

They say they fight any ticket written in California. Also located in Florida.
You mentioned that last weekend and it must've gone in one ear and out the other. You're probably right. It's so full of BS and holes it shouldn't be hard to fight, it's just the flying back out to fight it part.....

We do have ourselves a Ticket Clinic down here too. And they supposedly guarantee no points which is my biggest concern over the whole thing anyway.

You mentioned that last weekend and it must've gone in one ear and out the other. You're probably right. It's so full of BS and holes it shouldn't be hard to fight, it's just the flying back out to fight it part.....

We do have ourselves a Ticket Clinic down here too. And they supposedly guarantee no points which is my biggest concern over the whole thing anyway.
I think I heard them say you don't have to even be with them when they fight it. Might call them and find out. :thumbsup:

TomH

That isn't right. That same ticket would be issued if you had just robbed a bank and were not stopping. Instead of citing you for trespassing or some other lesser charge, disturbing the peace, he jacked you up. I can't believe when he saw you were from Florida, he didn't give you a warning. We truckers hate to drive in that state. We call it cali F__k ya. There are other states that are tough too, but Cali, is right up at the top. I am not bashing California, that is just the way it is. 1000 bucks max is worth getting a lawyer for. I bet the points on that are high. Can you say extend risk? Bunch of crap SC.

Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Traffic Ticket Attorney, Law Firm Directory | FindLaw

Last edited:

MiniBike Paul

I just got back from a meeting with the general manager of the farms we ride on - I have been riding the same roads since about 2009, with no trouble. I asked him why sunday??
He told me that he had no idea it was minibikes; he was working in his office sunday and "the rasberry grower (he pointed towards the section of farm the guys were riding in sunday) called me and said some guys werte riding on the roads and kicking up tons of dust! Dust is very bad for the crops, so I told him to call the sheriff!" He wasn't mad, just doing his job! And, he reminded me it is trespassing, and there are the liability issues, but the reason they took action was the dust!!

That's why we have not been busted before, there is usually only me and Neck, darn little dust!

Freedom!!

How about some good news?

I just got off the phone with first the Ventura County Public Defenders office, then the District Attorney's office and here's what I found out......

It was never a "ticket", it was a case against me that I was supposed to appear in court for on 10/17. The case was submitted to the DA, briefly put on the dockett for 10/17 and then the DA rejected the case due to "lack of evidence that any crime was committed." :hammer: :hammer:

There is still a case number for me to check on, but basically it means that there are no charges, and if the DA doesn't file any by 9/16/13, which the nice lady on the phone at the DA's office assured me didn't have much of a snowball's chance of happening, the case goes away entirely.

Well that's great news!!!! Way better than getting off the plane for funday 4 and being cuffed and stuffed by Rosco P. Coltrain fleeing and failure to appear warrants. Glad it was all dropped and I'm sure that is all a weight off your shoulders too.

How about some good news?

I just got off the phone with first the Ventura County Public Defenders office, then the District Attorney's office and here's what I found out......

It was never a "ticket", it was a case against me that I was supposed to appear in court for on 10/17. The case was submitted to the DA, briefly put on the dockett for 10/17 and then the DA rejected the case due to "lack of evidence that any crime was committed." :hammer: :hammer:

There is still a case number for me to check on, but basically it means that there are no charges, and if the DA doesn't file any by 9/16/13, which the nice lady on the phone at the DA's office assured me didn't have much of a snowball's chance of happening, the case goes away entirely.
sweet dude . Gots to love a DA reject . I've had a couple end like that.

I gotta admit I was sweating a little, but that was music to my ears! I made sure to ask very slowly and clearly..... "So, it's ok for me to do absolutely NOTHING about this, right?" :laugh: