Shuttering with engine

I have a predator 212cc that has a lot of mods to it, I most recently installed a Billet rod. I made sure to follow all of ARC's instructions except for crankshaft polishing. I installed it on my (new to me) racing go kart frame. Whenever I am in low RPM's, the engine shutters and the go kart lurches but still moves. On my old frame it was from the amount of torque. I am just worried that it is due to the rod (current shaking). When I am at high RPM's it goes away? Thanks

Sounds like your chain is getting tight then loose then tight and so on. Is the chain ok? Is the alignment with the chain ok? Is the sprocket centered?

Sounds like your chain is getting tight then loose then tight and so on. Is the chain ok? Is the alignment with the chain ok? Is the sprocket centered?
you know i did notice that! I might need a new chain, I damaged a link when using my breaker tool. the sprocket is centered. will my chain snap if i leave it like this? I'm not frugal but I have to buy a helmet and don't want to buy a new chain.

WrenchDad

you know i did notice that! I might need a new chain, I damaged a link when using my breaker tool. the sprocket is centered. will my chain snap if i leave it like this? I'm not frugal but I have to buy a helmet and don't want to buy a new chain.
Is the whole chain bad or can you replace the damaged link? What size chain? I have about 5'3" of New #35 If you need some let me know.

WrenchDad

A chain seperator should do that with out damaging the links if it is done right.

I dont have a seperator so I do this:

I grind the pin down flush with the link and then I put a small socket in the vise flush with the top of the jaws something about the same size as the end of the link.(usually the smallest 1/4" drive socket that the pin vill fit down into) Then center the pin over the socket and support the rest of the link on the jaws of the vice. use appropriate punch size and gently tap out the pin. It's not hard to do.

Hope that helps

A chain seperator should do that with out damaging the links if it is done right.

I dont have a seperator so I do this:

I grind the pin down flush with the link and then I put a small socket in the vise flush with the top of the jaws something about the same size as the end of the link.(usually the smallest 1/4" drive socket that the pin vill fit down into) Then center the pin over the socket and support the rest of the link on the jaws of the vice. use appropriate punch size and gently tap out the pin. It's not hard to do.

Hope that helps

Okay that sounds good! Will my chain snap if I don't replace it now, or will it just keep jerking?

What kind of clutch is it?
I have a feeling changing the chain isn't going to solve your problem.

Sounds to me like the clutch is engaging too hard and too early. Especially if it's a Noram GE clutch.