sick of the doodlebug foot pegs...

these things are just dangerous on take off sick of them folding back on me every time i ride and theres really not much room. sooo i was thinking of getting some clamp on motorcycle foot pegs has anybody done this before if so got pics?

I never had a problem with mine but I hear ya all the same , they are really strong IMO and you won't get that from bolt on pegs ! I'd weld em solid in place , no more folding and super strong too !!

I never had a problem with mine but I hear ya all the same , they are really strong IMO and you won't get that from bolt on pegs ! I'd weld em solid in place , no more folding and super strong too !!
gotcha well i dont have a welder so i was thinking maybe get a bolt that will fit the hole and lock washers and some how get them tight so they dont move on me

You say that until one of your welded pegs catches a curb, root, boulder, whatever, and you go flying and your frame goes bending.

I agree with Cam. I have always considered these folding pegs a superior component of the DB30. I have hit them many times on rocks, real solidly anchored rocks and am very grateful they fold. I don't like how my foot gets jerked around when I hit a hidden object with them, but I prefer it to an abrupt stop with me flying over the handle bars. " It ain't easy being tardman"

I'm assuming you have the old style DB? I have a new style, and they appear to be a little different than the old. I ended up buying another set of pegs for mine. I can't remember what kind they were, but they were some kind of aftermarket peg.

I have a set of fold up pegs from a motorcycle that clamp on, and I can't see how they would work, even with a heavy rubber bushing. I would think you'd need a pretty thick rubber bushing, and that usually means they move around a lot. I would look into putting a set of BMX pegs on there if you're looking to solid mount something. just get a small piece of thick plate, drill a hole in it, and weld it to the bend where the frame rails bend near the motor plate. You could simply run a bolt through the hole and into the bike peg. If you did lay it down, it probably wouldn't been the frame. It may bend the plate or break the peg, but I don't know about the frame. I actually though about doing this with my DB because the BMX pegs are cheap. There isn't much traction for your shoes on them, but you could always wrap them with grip tape.

If the Doodle Bug you are referring to is the one in your avatar then that is the old style and should have strong springs to hold them forward but allow them to fold in the event of them striking something like a big M/X dirt bike!! If you are the second owner or third someone may have removed the springs and couldnt get them back on....they can be a pain to route the springs if nothing to go by!!!! Sooooo....if you do have the old style and there is no springs there should be!!

Last edited:
Many mini bikes have and had solid pegs ! Mine fold as they should and I like them just fine , I've hit stuff just past the pin for pegs and it don't give , bent and cracked the tubing , folding pegs are only a few inches long , I don't see them personally as a life saver ?

If the Doodle Bug you are referring to is the one in your avatar then that is the old style and should have strong springs to hold them forward but allow them to fold in the event of them striking something like a big M/X dirt bike!! If you are the second owner or third someone may have removed the springs and couldnt get them back on....they can be a pain to route the springs if nothing to go by!!!! Sooooo....if you do have the old style and there is no springs there should be!!
Yes they do have the springs on them they do seem strong when moving them with your hands but once Ipull the throttle back and try to get some grip they just fold back on me

Yes they do have the springs on them they do seem strong when moving them with your hands but once Ipull the throttle back and try to get some grip they just fold back on me
I dont quite understand what is happening....are they folding forward toward the front wheel?? If so the stops on them are wore out and can have some material welded on them to remedy that! And if this isnt the case what engine did you put on there to get that kind of G-Force to fold the pegs back on launch??!! :laugh:

no,he means they are literally folding back towards the rear and his feet fly off.
plus they are short stubby jokers.
we put diff motorcycle pegs on ours.

my advice is to Keep the folding part working<<
i caught a root once on the baja Kickstand mount and it threw me over and onto my shoulder,almost broke my collarbone.
and that was at the back of the frame...:eek:hmy: not the front,where the pegs are.
so,you might not wanna make them solids...
just a thought...

no,he means they are literally folding back towards the rear and his feet fly off.
plus they are short stubby jokers.
we put diff motorcycle pegs on ours.

my advice is to Keep the folding part working<<
i caught a root once on the baja Kickstand mount and it threw me over and onto my shoulder,almost broke my collarbone.
and that was at the back of the frame...:eek:hmy: not the front,where the pegs are.
so,you might not wanna make them solids...
just a thought...
yes exactly having size 14 feet dont make it any better with how short they are on top of them folding back lol so what pegs did you use got a pic? and as for the kickstand i olny ride on pavement so havent had a issue with that