Snowco Trike

jeep4me

I got this from a guy I work with. He had it for about 2 years but wasn't able to ride it because the primary on the TAV is broken. He listed it on CL but nobody wanted to come and look at it. I just happened on it and recognized the phone #. I gave him $100 and a 6hp Tec.

Seems to be in pretty decent shape. And mostly original. The engine is an 8hp Tec and runs really nice. I just need to fix the primary and replace a few parts.

The manufacturer is Snowco "The Snow Company".

jeep4me

You aught to be arrested for theft LOL You sure got your moneys worth in that deal . that light of a Trike with that 8 HP Tecumseh should really thump.
Steve :scooter:
I thought the same thing about the engine. I have a great little 5.5hp Honda that I was thinking about putting on there. I had to take it to my parents house because I just don't have room in my garage for it. Eventhough it's not really that big. So it'll be a while before I can work on it.

Hard to believe the condition of the body and the upholstery that is such a great little trike I have never seen any on the West coast. Them people in Omaha, Nebraska made some mighty fine machines. Steve :scooter:

jeep4me

I repaired the primary on the TAV and I'll be bringing this home this weekend. I'll try to get it all back together and up and running.

Thats sweet. I bought a basket case one of those a few years ago for my wife. I resto'd it with a 9hp ohv Tecumseh with a light/charge coil and a 30 series comet TAV. I had to fix some cracks in the seat and changed it from gold flake to deep blood red metalflake.. It has about 20 coats of clear and in the sun it looks a mile deep. It FLYS. It is faster than any of my minibikes. I have another that I think I will just go with a 5-7 h series Tecumseh. Not a big fan of the OHV motors. nThese pix are a couple years old but it still looks about the same.

jeep4me

Mark, that's a great looking trike, Nice Job! My wife wasn't too happy when I brought this home but I did catch her sitting on it later in the day. Who knows maybe I can get her to ride this in the winter.

I did notice some major after market design flaws. The fuel line comes out right on top of the TAV and is rubbing against it. I have to put a different gas tank on it, one with the petcock in the corner.

It needs all new cables and a new twist grip. The rear tires seem to hold air pretty well, but I think new ones are definetly in order.

I'm not going to repaint it, at least, not the fiberglass shell. Maybe the frame and wheels.

jeep4me

Well, I pulled the Tec off the trike and replaced it with a 5.5hp Briggs OHV. I also replaced the tav with a clutch and chain. I couldn't find the right size belt and I had all the parts to change it over, so I did.

It's alot of fun to ride. I put it up for sale but I really dont care if it sells.