So what did you accomplish on your build today ??

KB2ROCKET

A lot of times we make progress on our builds but it's not enough to put in our build threads or you don't think it will be meaningful for others to read about. Well that's where this thread comes in handy because the little things we do really add up if we make continuous progress. Consistency is the key.
Ok I'll go 1st
Today I bought 4 metric bolts and installed a blower housing then I cleaned and installed a carb..... it's way better than nothing :thumbsup:

joshua. c.

I finally got my bikes jetting ironed out the other day and added more trimming advance to my bikes engine. then I discovered why I was having issues with my bikes rear brakes, a bolt had fallen out of the brakes lever arm letting it slip loose, it may have been loose for a while, easy fix. this bike is going to be a real contender this year at the racing events, I just hope I can show the skill to match.

Put my Trail Blazer's swing arm and rear wheel assembly together. Put the wheels, tires and bearings together. Got way behind switching paint colors (waiting for decent weather) from red to blue.

Butchered my Briggs air cleaner to get the 1/2" I needed to fit it under my seat...cut and fit the TAV cover...took my Broncco Laser for a test ride. Note to self, sit well to front before T/C hooks up!:eek:

Wifey said i need to cut the tree limbs up trimmed last week.so i got busy and put a tail light and wiring on my mini while she was out food shopping :laugh:

WLB

You all beat me. I looked at my project bike on the lift as I walked past to get the tools to put a new starter on my wife's full size Blazer. Won't be doing too much today. tumblr_ole9fbKFbW1s30ko5o1_500.jpg

KB2ROCKET

Found a test header and a kill switch to put on the GX 390 I threw together the other day and installed them now I need to mount it to a board and fill it with oil and rig up a fuel tank so I can see if it runs I'm not super proud of this engine as it truly was thrown together with totally wrong clearances but if it blows I'll do it right the next time lol

I went for a ride and noticed the Comet drive clutch in my torque converter was slamming engaged when throttle was slowly advanced - causing instant wheelies :)
I took the clutch off , took it apart and cleaned it, reassembled it with some dry spray lube and went for another ride. All is good again.
It was just gunked up. Someone used grease or oil in it and that just attracts belt dust and crud. Dry lube is better.
Clutch works great now...

Danford1

KB2ROCKET

Bought 4 bolts 4 washers a 2x4 2 quarts of oil and some gas ... I'm getting ready to bolt the 390 to a couple of 2x4s to see if it will run

Oh I thought about it a lot....just to much work to do....but that's ok , just more mini bucks to spend ! :laugh:

WEEKEND'S A COMING !:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
TIG welded a Trail 70 clone muffler to fit the 5hp Briggs on my Broncco Laser. Now I need a breather tube muffler so I don't hear the tappet clatter!

Got the frame and forks primed.Now I have to fiure a way to build a little paint booth in the garage. I don't mind doing the primer outside, in the breeze, but I don't want to do the final coat that way.