Something to think about.

at first i thought you were Serious,and wanted to help others.
now,i see you just wanna play billy badass..
and you wanna insult others for their opinions while you Push Yours?
whatever dude.

your breakdown of my reply was..hmm lets see..ludicrous..:laugh:
you glazed right over the Fact that Most dont keep their guns loaded in the living room,and the fact that the glass doors are Shut so shooting thru them with a small caliber weapon Isnt a great idea.
plus your brilliant/:eek:ut:/ idea of shooting at the ground near the guys feet?
wheres the richochet going genius?
nvm,im sure you have another wacked answer.
im done with this thread.

fyi,im former army.
and,i share Boomsticks Opinion.
I want to help people THINK ,,,if I was billy bad ass I would have bragged about all I can do or how good I shoot but I didn't did I.

I Never once said to shoot through glass with a hostage involved and you ALWAYS check you back stop. ( duh!)

Lots of people have guns handy in the home, you are from NY so I don't expect anyone from a sheep state to understand,,, is it even legal to have a big gulp there anymore? :laugh:

Thanks for serving. I have to assume you had basic training which is ,,,well, basic. :laugh: we straitened a lot of you boys out in our facility for civilian or prep for LEO ect. .

buckeye

OK, maybe the armory and you have to buy them. :laugh:

But, seriously, everyone carries down this way. Well, pretty much everyone, in case you get picky.:laugh:

OK, maybe the armory and you have to buy them. :laugh:

But, seriously, everyone carries down this way. Well, pretty much everyone, in case you get picky.:laugh:
Come on now, you need to be printed and checked and wait for the mail. Some require classes and some reciprocate many states. Mine covers all the states I'm interested in ( other than OR which only honors their state :eek:ut: ) can also open carry in both my states without permit but I don't believe in giving yourself away. ( walk soft carry a big " stick")

Not picky! The less Untrained billy bobs out there the better! :laugh:

WrenchDad

The guy in the video said he was "Navy seal" and his training and experiances are what lead him to give this possible solution to this Senerio I have met a few Navy Seals and have no doutb that if "they" say "they" can do this then the can. I also was military and can tell you that I wouldnt have reacted the way he did because I didnt have the training he did and Emotionally I would have been a wreck and it might have gone bad.
His military training (Navy Seal ) gave him the ability to complete this task as he described with his desired results. My Military training (Navy cook ) wouldnt have helped at all. So the information in this video for me became an eye opener to posible solutions and results. I dont agree with every thing he said and I also learned twice as much as I thought I knew before. If you saw this and said "F*** him I can shoot him in the head, then shoot him in the head. I trully hope you get the results you think you will. If you saw this and said F*** him I've got dogs, then use dogs. I trully hope you get the results you think you will. If you saw this and said F*** him this whole thing is BS it's not practical I'll just react how I think I should when the time comes. Then do that.
I read all the post up to here and found every ones opinion. very interesting and there was a lot of contrast to what people thought they could or should or would have done. I took something away from all of that.
But now it's turning into a pissing match to decide who is right or wrong. I showed this to a friend of mine and said what would you do and he said "I wouldnt let my kids play outside in that neighbor hood". Hmm who would have thought it was that easy!

The guy in the video said he was "Navy seal" and his training and experiances are what lead him to give this possible solution to this Senerio I have met a few Navy Seals and have no doutb that if "they" say "they" can do this then the can. I also was military and can tell you that I wouldnt have reacted the way he did because I didnt have the training he did and Emotionally I would have been a wreck and it might have gone bad.
His military training (Navy Seal ) gave him the ability to complete this task as he described with his desired results. My Military training (Navy cook ) wouldnt have helped at all. So the information in this video for me became an eye opener to posible solutions and results. I dont agree with every thing he said and I also learned twice as much as I thought I knew before. If you saw this and said "F*** him I can shoot him in the head, then shoot him in the head. I trully hope you get the results you think you will. If you saw this and said F*** him I've got dogs, then use dogs. I trully hope you get the results you think you will. If you saw this and said F*** him this whole thing is BS it's not practical I'll just react how I think I should when the time comes. Then do that.
I read all the post up to here and found every ones opinion. very interesting and there was a lot of contrast to what people thought they could or should or would have done. I took something away from all of that.
But now it's turning into a pissing match to decide who is right or wrong. I showed this to a friend of mine and said what would you do and he said "I wouldnt let my kids play outside in that neighbor hood". Hmm who would have thought it was that easy!
Good reply, I suggest thinking ahead anyway. Emergency's are a bad time for snap decisions. Again There is no safe neighborhood, the better/richer the " hood" the more the bounty and chance of more professional wrong doer's.

Of all the 1.000's victims that personally got away form kidnappers, murderers and rapists they did something. :thumbsup:

WrenchDad

Good reply, I suggest thinking ahead anyway. Emergency's are a bad time for snap decisions. Again There is no safe neighborhood, the better/richer the " hood" the more the bounty and chance of more professional wrong doer's.

Of all the 1.000's victims that personally got away form kidnappers, murderers and rapists they did something. :thumbsup:
I dont disagree at all. I would have done something I just dont know what. now after reading this thread I have some viable options in my book of what if's.

I don't know if I should even bother with you, I know where you're coming from,,,,it's a chair. :laugh:

FWIW, I never liked the term " stick" , it's a nickname used by Internet commandos.
Here's a question for you, how many firearms have you legitimately worn out to the point of disrepair?

Edit: And I don't mean bringing it to the gunsmith for routine maintenance or foo-foo cleaning (provided you don't do it yourself & need a certified everything armorer to do everything for you). I mean cracked/battered frames, worn/battered lugs, gas cutting, etc.

Last edited:
it would have been a Better training video,if they had around 10 Real life people,who had no clue what was going on.
videotape what They do.

this was a staged scenario,therefore not accurate and pretty misleading.
the variables are all way off.
the parent with the handy gun,loaded,unlocked,just laying within reach even tho he has young kids..yeah.
the kidnapper who has a Clear line of fire on the parent the Entire time...and a shield.
im not seeing what people are learning from this thread,except how-to get shot.:doah:

Here's a question for you, how many firearms have you legitimately worn out to the point of disrepair?

Edit: And I don't mean bringing it to the gunsmith for routine maintenance or foo-foo cleaning (provided you don't do it yourself & need a certified everything armorer to do everything for you). I mean cracked/battered frames, worn/battered lugs, gas cutting, etc.
Now you're just being silly.:doah: . I suggest you start a gun thread if you want a challenge.

Has nothing to do with skill or quality practice. Many designs can go a long way before breaking beyond repair when properly maintained and cracks are usually caused by neglect of recoil system or ammo. ( if quality firearm)

I doubt you even know what causes cutting but I know you have the internet! :laugh: ( light hot ammo, end shake and gap) I once had a woody for early Smiths and Pythons but am down to a dozen.

I clean my own guns, I reload for all of them all but rimfire, ( including making 300 BLK brass and shotgun) I can and have built and repaired most models/ brands I own and others. I know what can go bad on each .

If any member here needs help or has questions about their firearm or firearms in general or legal suppressors I would be glad to help via PM. ( excluding high end over under's :laugh:)

Hope this meets your standards.

it would have been a Better training video,if they had around 10 Real life people,who had no clue what was going on.
videotape what They do.

this was a staged scenario,therefore not accurate and pretty misleading.
the variables are all way off.
the parent with the handy gun,loaded,unlocked,just laying within reach even tho he has young kids..yeah.
the kidnapper who has a Clear line of fire on the parent the Entire time...and a shield.
im not seeing what people are learning from this thread,except how-to get shot.:doah:
Can we pick the 10 people or even 1 of 10? Or is it going to be a cluster of novices ? There's a wide range of skill levels out there but it's instantly assumed zero skill. If he has a loaded gun handy he just might know something and that is who this vid is aimed at.

The point I "got" was charge for surprise factor and shoot at the safest area to gain and opening. To me the vid ( like many others) was about raising awareness.

And again,,, anyone into " the sport" knows these matches play out every week end. Like golf, there are people who play and then there's people who golf.:laugh:

FWIW, I once had a huge "adrenalin dump " on a 15' putt to get to a final 4 local match. :laugh:

My Military training (Navy cook ) wouldnt have helped at all.
This thread is full of posing and internet chest thumping. As a Navy Cook, you were in what we used to refer as a "Come as you are party."

When I read your comments above yesterday, I immediately thought of Dorie Miller's actions on December 7th, 1941. He was a Navy cook. He was a hero, and a recipient of the Navy Cross.

I invite anyone still being amused in this thread take a quick look at:

Doris "Dorie" Miller (October 12, 1919 – November 24, 1943)

For distinguished devotion to duty, extraordinary courage and disregard for his own personal safety during the attack on the Fleet in Pearl Harbor, Territory of Hawaii, by Japanese forces on December 7, 1941. While at the side of his Captain on the bridge, Miller, despite enemy strafing and bombing and in the face of a serious fire, assisted in moving his Captain, who had been mortally wounded, to a place of greater safety, and later manned and operated a machine gun directed at enemy Japanese attacking aircraft until ordered to leave the bridge.

Now you're just being silly.:doah: . I suggest you start a gun thread if you want a challenge.

Has nothing to do with skill or quality practice. Many designs can go a long way before breaking beyond repair when properly maintained and cracks are usually caused by neglect of recoil system or ammo. ( if quality firearm)

I doubt you even know what causes cutting but I know you have the internet! :laugh: ( light hot ammo, end shake and gap) I once had a woody for early Smiths and Pythons but am down to a dozen.

I clean my own guns, I reload for all of them all but rimfire, ( including making 300 BLK brass and shotgun) I can and have built and repaired most models/ brands I own and others. I know what can go bad on each .

If any member here needs help or has questions about their firearm or firearms in general or legal suppressors I would be glad to help via PM. ( excluding high end over under's :laugh:)

Hope this meets your standards.

Exactly. You haven't shot enough to wear anything out. lol.

This thread is full of posing and internet chest thumping. As a Navy Cook, you were in what we used to refer as a "Come as you are party."

When I read your comments above yesterday, I immediately thought of Dorie Miller's actions on December 7th, 1941. He was a Navy cook. He was a hero, and a recipient of the Navy Cross.

I invite anyone still being amused in this thread take a quick look at:

Doris "Dorie" Miller (October 12, 1919 – November 24, 1943)

For distinguished devotion to duty, extraordinary courage and disregard for his own personal safety during the attack on the Fleet in Pearl Harbor, Territory of Hawaii, by Japanese forces on December 7, 1941. While at the side of his Captain on the bridge, Miller, despite enemy strafing and bombing and in the face of a serious fire, assisted in moving his Captain, who had been mortally wounded, to a place of greater safety, and later manned and operated a machine gun directed at enemy Japanese attacking aircraft until ordered to leave the bridge.

I agree, anyone who serves on tin can in the middle of the ocean is a braver man than I! There where some great documentaries on the history channel of the ships out gunned and bravery/ dedication. Doesn't matter your job "you're "all in the same boat" and each just as important.

The other day I met a Navy signalman who was on a cruiser in Pearl harbor, great stories but what was strange is he said his most unpleasant duty was in the area of the Panama Canal .

WrenchDad

I always make reference to this movie when people say you were a cook in the Navy. I'm sure I could fight with the best of them if the time came. I was actually a loaderman on the 5" during GQ. I've spent days down in that hole loading hundreds and hundrerds of 70lb HEPD and Willy Pete during training exercises at Veagas Island PortoRico. I'll guarantee I cant hit a moving target at 20 feet with a 5" anti aircraft gun. My point is After seeing this video I now have a viable solution within my means as before my military training didn't give me that.