"Sorry But You Didnt Pay"

Here's a question, what if each fire fighter was fired due to fighting the fire and going against protocol. I feel bad for the folks who lost their home, belongings and memories.

Maybe if their on city water or trash include the $75 over 12 months!!

I do however think they could have fought the fire then put a Lean on the property for $75 until its paid. A neighboring subdivision does this if your yard gets out of control. They mow it, give you a chance to pay $75 or they put the lean on your property.

bandit 40

Everyone is entitled to there own opinions,and this has been an open discussion for anyone to say there thoughts on the matter. Again this was an unfortunate event, that will most most likely continue to happen. We have showed each other that some of us are willing to help others in need when ,its really needed. We already know how wonderful of a forum this is, Its all about people helping people and friends, Family.....:smile:

Heres a thought. Why don't All you "Moral" Members get a collection going for these poor people?.. Then you can go to Church Sunday and tell everyone the Good deed you did?...:thumbsup:

Sad sad story. Though knowing a few of my local Fire Department I know this. Due to budget cuts and under staffing, the goal isn't about saving structures anymore, as it is just to contain them. Hell, most are abandoned foreclosures nowadays.

It's all about the money in our society, hell they wanted to cancel our local fireworks due to lack of funding for Police presence. Now I'm not saying people don't deserve overtime. Though being one who lives, works, and volunteers in my community, I expect others to do the same.

Different world out there nowadays.

My sister's fiancee is a firefighter. When I asked him if he'd heard about this story, his response was as follows:

"Complete horse shit! If we see something burning, we're GONNA put it out. Those guys have no business calling themselves firefighters."

Even if the firefighters had gone against protocol and put the fire out, you know they wouldn't have been fired... odds are they were/are represented by an almighty, ever powerful union organization. Lol.

Heres a thought. Why don't All you "Moral" Members get a collection going for these poor people?.. Then you can go to Church Sunday and tell everyone the Good deed you did?...:thumbsup:
You're an :asshole:. Some people are forced into poverty. Do some volunteer work and you'll change your thoughts about the poor.

Fire fighters souls burned down with the house

So how does this work now the fire department checks your records before they respond to an emergency? What next doctors and emergency responders are going to wait for a credit report before they resuscitate a person? Someone’s going to hell. :devil2:

45t

This is getting good. :freakout:

Its always interesting to me to see how gov't/taxes, morals, common sense, human nature and the risk of getting invloved mix. Most of the time you are disipointed with the outcome and no one wins.

buckeye

OK, I work in medicine. You come to the er. I have to treat you insurance or not. I nor the hospital will never see a dime, but we take care of you anyway.
I am walking in the mall. You have a heart attack. I will now step over you and let you die even though I know advance cardiac life support. Sorry, you didn't pay.
Don't tell me apples and oranges.

This is getting good. :freakout:

Its always interesting to me to see how gov't/taxes, morals, common sense, human nature and the risk of getting invloved mix. Most of the time you are disipointed with the outcome and no one wins.
I'm thinking I've never seen morals and common sense relating to OldMiniBikes members mentioned in the same sentence!
This is truly a miracle holiday season.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's called paying your bills. no different then when they tow your car for unpaid tickets! Pay your damn bills And you wouldn't be crying when something like this happens..:thumbsup:
agreed, they (that rural community) knew that if they paid the 75 annual, then they would be insured or covered so to speak, thats how it works there, the home owner knows it, knew it and chose to say screw em....sure enough, the day came when he needed them and well, the rest is history.... now hes crying and most of the public says shame on them, but they dont even care to consider he knew, he made his decision, albeit a wrong one, he made it, not the fire chief.

can you call allstate insurance company w/o being a paying customer and demand that they cover your truck and the injured family you ran over by accident of course? try that phone call and lemme know how it works.

the guy knew the choices....and tossing the medical situation is comparing apples to oranges, human life is different than material goods, items like a car or home, it just so happened he chose not to insure the material good that held everything he owned....I wonder if his house insurance paid off knowing he opted out on the local protection coverage.

Last edited:
i think the worse part is that "they watched it burn down". That's just fawking wrong. I couldn't do it.

what if there was someone trapped in there? then what do you do.