Southeast Alabama October 22,2011

buckeye

I am trying to get this organized and set up. Anyone interested? The local dirt track is willing to let us race(Gulf Coast Raceway,Foley,Alabama) I would host the show and swap. Cook a little or a lot of BBQ South Alabama style. We are close to Gulf Shores so you could make it a family trip as well. A little beach time, a little mini bike time and some dirt track racing. I live in the country so we could have plenty of room to ride. How many would be interested and let me know, so I can get this together. Thanks, Tom

zeeman

Hey, me again. The weather should be cooler then. I plan on coming depending on finances and jobs, etc. Will probably bring my vintage RV and a truck full of two wheelers.

zeeman

You can park the RV at my place. Or you can stay at a number of campgrounds in the area.
Sounds good. I sure hope the posts start flooding in. Opps, I probably should not have said 'flooding'. Looking forward to seeing a lot of people say they will come.

buckeye

Come on now. This is pittiful. I guess there are no takers. Hell with it. I'll cook,eat,swap,ride,and race by myself. Well maybe Zeeman can come. Smokey? I know there are several Alabama members on here. I know there are Florida members on here. I know there are some Cajuns on here. Texas isnt that far. Bump. Bump. Bump.

buckeye

Well zeeman, you are welcome to come on down and bring your family and visit the sugar sands of our fine beaches and park that vintage rv at the house and we can take our toys to the track and have a little fun. I am really unsure as to why there isnt interest as well. Not only is there the dirt track, there is a aprox 200 acre area just up the street from me that I am sure if I took them some fresh veggies and a slab of ribs they would let us ride there as well. Only problem there is the gators. It is a gator farm afterall. Just kidding. Come on down.

buckeye

I guess football is more important in the South than mini bikes. If I don't get any response about this by the end of the week, screw it. I have put a lot of effort into this. I have made arrangements at the track for a special vintage mini class race. I have printed flyers and poted them locally. No response. So screw it. Money I could have used for something else. And most importantly no response from anyone here. Except zeeman. Hey Z you are welcome to come anytime.

zeeman

Well Buckeye, it looks like it just was not meant to be YET. I know there will be a day when we can have an event. I just hope it comes sorta soon. Thanks for all you did.