Speed

josh

just wondering what my top speed schould be on my mini i am 155 lbs bike is a bird small,5hp tec ohv made in 07 lil biger jet in carb gears 12f 72R i think i counted 2 times tires 6 in o and no gov. The clutch i was told is not the stock one but i dont know this is a pic of it.ty :thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
You may only do 25 mph.
That gearing and the RPM your gonna turn with a stock motor is really gonna limit you. Just make sure you don't flip over when you hit the throttle.

josh

:asshole:i have been on my butt 2 times lol gear was on it i need to know what to run what rpm u think this tec 5h turns no gov

You're probably not getting much over 4000, if that, even without the governor. RPMs is what makes speed, and your engine has to be built to be capable of making the RPMs with a load,and OHV tecumsehs aren't the best engines to build for speed.

i took my gps and tryed to hold it but at like 28 29 mph to hard to hold with 1 hand dont know what it had left
use zip ties to attach it to your bars. that's what my buddy and i do when we do top speed runs. it will only be safe if your GPS saves your max speed so you don't have to watch it while riding.

if you want to go fast, i'd consider getting a 6.5 clone or Briggs flathead. my 6.5 is revving right around 6,000 now with a billet rod and 18lb springs. i can't wait for my next setup, i'm hoping for 7,000+.

josh

ty what size tires and wheels?

I am going to build more mini's this is just num 1 for me im only using the tec on this one because it came with the bike and motor was good got bike and motor for 60 buks.but for now dont have a lot of money because im going to school at UTI so i just have to play with this one and learn on it for now i would like to make the tec as fast as i can thank you all for all you help:thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Leave the tecumseh alone, they don't make any race parts for it. If and when your ready to build some power by a different motor. Maybe a 6.5hp Honda clone, you can find them for around $125, then modify if from there.

With that bike now just change the rear sprocket. Your wheels and tires look to be small, but I don't know the size. But just leave them that way.

the 6.5 clone is the cheap chinese version of the Honda GX200.

if you're looking to mod and go fast, they're a good one to choose. there are a lot of aftermarket parts available for them (check out AGK and NR-Racing). you can get the 6.5 clone for a little over $100 from Harbor Freight when they're on sale and you use a 20% off coupon (people post them here when they come around, print it out and take it in).

the clones/GX engines are also easy to work on. it's a bit intimidating the first time but after that it's easy.