sportbikes or cruisers?

Riley

what doeseveryone on the site prefer? sportbikes or cruisers?

personally i like the sound of the cruisers (like a harley) but i think that the look of a sportbike is better

Sportbikes!
Somthing with low CC's and a cafe style bar.
I would rather run a smaller bike at 100% of its capability than a massive bike
at 50% of its capability.

Old Honda inline four CB's are great bikes. I like the prototype that Honda had a couple of years ago the CB1000 they never did make or did not bring to the states that bike. it was a retro syle of the old CB's

What about standards?" ie Triumph Bonneville, BSA Lightning, Harley Sportster, Honda CB750 ( single cam) Kawasaki W1 etc
Cruisers/Harleys do nothing for me - how can you ride w/your legs sticking straight out? You can't use your legs to move your weight around. All your weight's on your butt. I don't just wanna sit there. That's no way to go fast.

And I've had enough bikes w/clip-on handlebars and rearset pegs- don't need any more of those, it's just too painful for the opposite reason of cruisers.

Give me a bike where the pegs are under me so I can shift my weight around, and the bars aren't too low or too high, and not too much bodywork - that means a standard. My current main street ride is an '07 Ducati GT1000. It works great for sporty touring or just tearing around and does big wheelies. I don't think it's as attractive as the new Triumphs, but it's far ahead mechanically.

...Somthing with low CC's and a cafe style bar.
I would rather run a smaller bike at 100% of its capability than a massive bike
at 50% of its capability...
Agreed! My favorite streetbike is my '86 Yamaha SRX600. Bought it new. Dirt bike engine w/lots of grunt, in a light sporting chassis w/clip-on bars and rearset pegs. Hey, wait a minute...What did I just say?

My SV1000s is sure no cruiser, but will never be confused with a full-on sport-bike. Hell, a 5-year old 600 has more horsepower...mine's all grunt down low. With the lowered rearsets, Helibars, and Corbin seat it's geared more toward sport-touring. Insurance companies consider it a 'standard' as far as premiums go!

Last edited: