Spray paint....what do you prefer?

Kinda like one of those Chevy vs. Ford vs. Dodge things......................Im looking for feedback. Been mixing it up some with differant makes and have my opinion. And so far i like the Duplicolor stuff way better then any of Valspar stuff. I find the valspar takes way to long to cure and scratches/chips easily but thats just my opinion.
What spary paint do you prefer to use and why? finish? is it a durable surface? what have you used that you dont like?

I USE KRYLON . IT TAKES ME ABOUT 3 HOURS TO PAINT A BIKE FRAME FORK AND FENDERS. 4 CANS OF COLOR AT LEST 3 CANS OF CLEAR . I WAIT 10 MIN. BETWEEN COATS AND I CLEAR THEM RIGHT AFTER THE COLOR COATS. I WAIT 48 HOURS THEN HAND RUB THE BIKE WITH MEDIUM CUT RUBBING COMPOUND AND THEN A GOOD PAST WAX . THE PAINT SEEM TO HARDEN BETTER FOLLOWING THESE STEPS :shrug:
AND I USE DUPONT LIQUEUR TYPE PRIMER WET SAND WITH 180 RE PRIMER WET SAND WITH 400

Duplicolor Engine Enamel is my first choice, followed by 5 -7 thick coats of clear. Wait a week, buff the thing out to a ridiculous shine.

Krylon is the second choice

Rustoleum is the third choice.

I don't spray paint often, but when I do, I do 3-4 coats of primer with sanding and wet sanding in between, the last coat gets a 1000 grit dry sand and then gets the degreaser wipe down, then I spray the first coat, 1000 grit dry sand it, spray the 2nd coat, wet sand that, spray one last coat and then let the bike sit for a day or two. Wipe down with degreaser and spray the clear, then wet sand and buff.

Duli-color doesnt do a thing for me

rustoleum is ok but a bit harsh and leaves an after taste

krylon just keeps on going and makes me feel good, lots of groovy colors plus it almost rhymes with high-on (krylon/high on)

we're taking about favorite huffing paints right :shrug:
J/K-ing:lol:

seriously though that stuff kills brain cells
I hate smelling chemicals and paint outside mostly and use a respirator.

for painting stuff I use rustoleum oil base and either brush it or preferably shoot it thru an air gun.

there used to be spray paint called "Varathene" or something like that...that stuff was like porcelain enamel after it dried....indestructible.
I have a bandsaw I paited with that stuff 30 years ago and it looks like new...haven't seen it in years though........
Rustoleum Hard Hat and Duplicolor engine enamel are my new favs........

Having worked in a body shop a few years seems like I'd have mine painted... I like duplicolor and krylon aerosol can paints but I prefer the natural rusty mixed with old red flakes chipping off look!!! It's cheap easy and if it gets scratched... More character!!! :thumbsup:

Duli-color doesnt do a thing for me

rustoleum is ok but a bit harsh and leaves an after taste

krylon just keeps on going and makes me feel good, lots of groovy colors plus it almost rhymes with high-on (krylon/high on)

we're taking about favorite huffing paints right?
Man, that cracked me up!!

there used to be spray paint called "Varathene" or something like that...that stuff was like porcelain enamel after it dried....indestructible.
I have a bandsaw I paited with that stuff 30 years ago and it looks like new...haven't seen it in years though........
Rustoleum Hard Hat and Duplicolor engine enamel are my new favs........

Yeah, way back, a buddy of mine used somethin' that had that name (Vara-somethin') on his motorcycle body parts. Didn't turn out too shab.

Seymour MRO is the best stuff on the market today! Im not a rattle can type a guy but my buddy is the City Manager here and its all they use he turned me on to it a few years ago, they even spray this crap on the cop cars calipers and stays perfect looks like porcelain but he said you really need to use their primer also. amazing stuff for a rattle can, I have only found it on line. Smells like hell going on but Blows away any hardware store stuff!!!

MRO Industrial Spray Paint

Duplicolor Engine Enamel with Ceramic on every thing and Duplicolor clear on my frames :thumbsup: Gas wont even hurt it :shrug: Someday I'll buy a spray gun and try my hand at auto paint :thumbsup:

cool stuff fellas. I know this all a preference thing and to each there own. some good feed back here indeed. My next purchase is going to be a spray gun i think. Funny enough we have a body shop in our back yard that belongs to my wifes family's trucking business. I could probably just ask the body guy to paint it for me however im the the "do it yourselfer" that most of us have in us. I have resorted to cans in the past because its just easy...however the results im looking for are seldom achieved with the cans. I dont get into wet sanding and buffing and clearcoats when using cans and maybe thats my issue with my finish. I hear guys say you can get a car paint finish from a can....
i have yet to acheive this.

Funny enough we have a body shop in our back yard that belongs to my wifes family's trucking business. I could probably just ask the body guy to paint it for me however im the the "do it yourselfer" that most of us have in us.
Why not ask for a lesson or two :surrender: some times its easier to be taught than to teach your self :thumbsup: