Spring Fling North Jerz April 27*PHOTOS ADDED !*!

One thing about these shows...you never know what's going to show up.

This guy hauled this cool FunderBird Kart down from New York...with a custom Corvair!

You should have seen the interior of the Corvair...loaded with all kinds of custom stuff right out of the 60's. The fender skirts were oem...the guy made the visor and the other stuff.

The car was called "Naughty Mary" named after a school crossing guard "Mary" who originally owned the car...back when the guy was in grammar school!!

I asked the guy if the car drove ok....he said " I just came down the Cross Bronx Expressway ...doing 80mph " :eek:hmy:

The Funderbird was all original except for the engine grill (removable) and the chain steering wheel (he had the orignal wheel also). The seat was really cool and the little chrome nerf bars were the "Cat's Pajamas!!" :pimp:

Brakes look familiar??

Last edited:
Check this thing out:

Dragster powered by what looked like an early Yamaha KT100 engine. This thing was about 12 ft long with the wheelie bar. Had a huge expansion/ header pipe that ran right through the cockpit.

Where do you sit you ask?? You don't...it's radio controlled :doah:

I don't even know where the hell you would run something like this..:shrug:...these crazy New Yorkers probably just run it down the street when the cops aren't around.

Servo controlled "Deist" parachute....:detective:

Last edited:
Gerry, as I looked over the dragster and called my life insurance provider a bystander asked the owner "anyone run these in the area?"
Owner says, "nah, I'm just trying to start y own class..."
I'd be watching from behind wherever that thing was headed! It was cool though!

Gerry, as I looked over the dragster and called my life insurance provider a bystander asked the owner "anyone run these in the area?"
Owner says, "nah, I'm just trying to start y own class..."
I'd be watching from behind wherever that thing was headed! It was cool though!
Yeah I don't think I'd want to be standing on the side of the road while that thing wizzed past....:mellow:

80 in a corvair's fine as long as your going straight.
that rails something.but if I built it I would make sure at least my boy could drive it.
any idea what the rear tires are made for?
hmmmmm I got a few spare kt's layin' around,maybe a twin engine rail

cool stuff :thumbsup:

oldfatguy

It 'looks like it was a great show I'm sorry that I missed it.

I wanted to enter the little Bonanza in the survivor class this year

I had the bikes all cleaned up and ready to go but something came up and I couldn't go.