Sprockets, hubs, etc

Hi - I'm trying to figure out what parts to buy in order to set up a new rear end on my minibike. I see various wheels and hubs, but what's confusing me is, how do I center the wheel on the axle and space the sprocket out so it's aligned with the clutch? Some hubs I see are two inches, some two and 3/4, but I need a little more than that to put the chain in the right place with the wheel centered in the frame. How is that done? Also, I'm thinking that I can buy a two piece wheel, and put a drive hub on each side. I think somewhere I saw a brake mount, maybe that's what I need for the brake side instead of a second hub. The left side would hold the sprocket, the right would hold a brake disc or drum. Does that sound workable? On the brake side, I can mount a caliper anywhere, because I'll weld mounting brakets to the frame, but I'm still not sure how to space the sprocket out. Can I use spacers on the bolts (and longer bolts) which mount the sprocket to the hub? Is it that easy? Thanks!

Spacers & longer bolts on the hub will probably bend under load, depending on how long they are. Most of the time, you can move the spoket on the jackshaft or move the clutch on the crankshaft if you don't have a jackshaft.

If you can't line it up that way, you can try to space the sprocket. You should use a one-piece spacer, no thicker than 1/2 the depth of the bolt threads and grade 8 bolts.

oldsledz

You may already know this but most clutches you can put them on either way ( sprockt on the inside or out side) to make things line up. just be sure you have a in board / out board clutch.