Spyderdreggs "Hell-Cat",the continuing saga

I think you're wise to proceed with chopping anything off you aren't sure of slowly. How about posting a picture of the part marked where you want to cut? A visual like that would make it easier to judge.

Eagle

I'm thinking about cutting off around here...

ps:I see the OldMiniBikes logo kind of covers part of the pic but you get the point :laugh:

IMHO I don't think cutting there is going to make a bit of difference. It's not like you're pushing 25hp through that drive. I say go for it.

Eagle

IMHO I don't think cutting there is going to make a bit of difference. It's not like you're pushing 25hp through that drive. I say go for it.

Eagle
Thanks for the advise,:thumbsup:I didn't think it would be an issue but like I said,I wanted another opinion.I figure if I take off a little bit it wont hit the engine plate and it'll take care of my clearance issue.

Well its been a long cold winter but I think it's time to get back on this thing(before my other project takes over my weekends)I've ditched the pocket bike wheels(they've been fighting me most of this project,still couldn't get the rear tire to seat properly)so I picked up a couple 10 inch split rims from OldMiniBikes and some bad ass whitewall scooter tires from Motorcycle superstore(just waiting on my tubes).I also picked up the old style stamped steel TAV backing plate from BMI.Now I won't have to mess with the aluminum backing plate.Just have to cut some wheel spacers,rejet the engine,hook up all the cables and brake line and pick up a chain and I should be good to go....well baring any unforeseen issues that always tend to arise.:laugh:

:thumbsup: I was hoping to see you get this one together last year. Funny, I was thinking about this build earlier today, and there it is. Keep on, I am interested.

Well finally at the end of a build that started WAY too long ago.All that's left is to hook up the throttle cable,bolt on the TAV,bleed the brake and hook up the chain and I should be riding in the next day or two.I also need to break in the hemi a bit.The motor is still all stock except for the exhaust I just couldn't get the damn stock exhaust to fit in the frame right,hopefully it doesn't effect the way the engine runs but if it does I'll handle it,this thing has taken way too long to finish and I want to freakin ride it already.Any hoo,here's some pics.

I'll try to get a video of it running tomorrow.

buckeye

Well finally at the end of a build that started WAY too long ago.All that's left is to hook up the throttle cable,bolt on the TAV,bleed the brake and hook up the chain and I should be riding in the next day or two.I also need to break in the hemi a bit.The motor is still all stock except for the exhaust I just couldn't get the damn stock exhaust to fit in the frame right,hopefully it doesn't effect the way the engine runs but if it does I'll handle it,this thing has taken way too long to finish and I want to freakin ride it already.Any hoo,here's some pics.

I'll try to get a video of it running tomorrow.
You killed it. Beautiful.

Well I FINALLY got to take the first ride today....and it was worth all the wait,this thing is FUN and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't just a little scary too.She takes off so smooth,unless of course you gun it then its wheelie city ahead,and its really scary when at that moment the throttle sticks(ask me how I know :laugh:)luckily I went with the big ass scooter brake,not only did it stop me from obtaining grievous bodily injury,it also stops this little bad-ass on a dime from full throttle.I'll be using this braking system on my next build as well.I need to adjust a couple things before the next ride and replace the damn bicycle brake cable I'm using for a throttle cable with something a little more appropriate.Also need to adjust the engine placement a little is just a bit off where it needs to be.I don't know how fast I was going at full throttle but damn it felt freakin' insanely fast and no matter what it is,it's plenty fast for me.To all those guys trying to hit 60 and up,my hats off to ya,you got some balls there fellows but it ain't for me.:thumbsup:. All in all,I gotta say it was a good day.

Thanks guys.Now to enjoy a little late season riding and on to the next project,maybe in the next year or 2 I'll finish that one.:laugh:
And on a side note,Dave that's one creepy avatar,I've seen that pic attached to the Russian sleep experiment story,I know its a hoax but that's one crazy ass story.