Ssscat Ebay Rip Off?

Any of you guys live or know anyone in Pomona, NY? I'm looking for a guy named Chris Meyer. EBay name "meyer121674". Paid him $120 for a bright yellow Arctic Cat Ssscat frame and original tank on THANKSGIVING but never got it. After 3 weeks I finally got a response from his wife that he was in the hospital. In the Christmas spirit I trusted her and said ship when you can in the next few weeks. Nothing! Now I'm past my 45 day cutoff and they won't return my calls or emails. They had 600+ 100% positive rating too. I think the guy was legit but I just want my bike.

old-timer

Scamming Member
You should be able to file a claim with ebay and they will refund your money if all else fails. If you paid via Paypal, you can also file through them. It may take a bit, but you should have no problem getting a refund.

Vic

old-timer

Scamming Member
I would fight that. I mean after all, you gave them the extra time needed because the guy was laid up in the hospital.

Is there someone you can talk to about this at ebay?

Vic

If you can find a number, you can still make a call to eBay support and give them the details. If your correspondance was through eBay, there shouldn't be a problem with the extra time but you'll have to make a call. I did that once and it worked out. They are pretty helpful once you get somebody on the phone.

Yes, credit card. Maybe they can help???
File a claim with your credit card company.... I'd also keep pinging on ebay. Last resort.. file a claim with your state's attorney general consumer complaint's office. Most states have a form you can fill out on line, then later provide them with any supporting documents.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Best forum members on the web! Credit card company said I had 60 days with them so they should be able to help. Bummer is that I really wanted that Ssscat and it went for a great price. Anyone out there have a good Arctic Cat frame for a Sachs engine?

george3

Thanks for the advice everyone! Best forum members on the web! Credit card company said I had 60 days with them so they should be able to help. Bummer is that I really wanted that Ssscat and it went for a great price. Anyone out there have a good Arctic Cat frame for a Sachs engine?
Best forum members on the web! Thats for sure. good look on the crook. Bad feed back as well. I would still call ebay and paypall it puts a bad mark aginst him and you might get other results if you show the emails. Are they ebay emails?

Yes, I sent eBay emails. They include responses from the seller saying they would ship it as soon as they could. Looks pretty straightforward. I hope they contact me with a tracking number in the next few days. The bank is starting their investigation.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Hope everything works out for you. The fact that you used a credit card and they are behind you should result in you getting your money back. It just takes a while.

Keep us posted
Vic

That would be great. U guys are awesome! Frame I'm looking for is for a 71 Prowler but I think any of the Arctic Cat frames made for use with the Sachs 50cc will work. The one I need to replace has been broken and previous owner hacked it all up when repairing.

I finally got in touch with the buyer by phone. Supposedly the guy shipped it but he was not home to give me the tracking number. Then she said her husband had been in a car accident yesterday. This guy has the worst luck and must think I'm stupid. I'll believe it when I see it on my doorstep. Meanwhile I'll proceed with the credit card company.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Yeah I don't think I'd hold my breath waiting for it, but you never know.

None of my business but I'd go ahead and see what you can do with Mark. If the other one ever did show up, you could always sell it over again and recoup your money :smile:

Vic

Thanks for looking. I'd be interested in some more pictures. You guys are the best.

The guy's wife claimed I'd get a call back...nothing 24 hours later. Special place in hell for this couple. And I thought this guy would be a good parts source for future bikes, so much for that.