Started on my QA50 project

So, I found my very first bike. A (1970-1972?) QA50 that my grandpa gave me when I was 5. Its is rough shape, but not terrible. (still has his name painted on it, and his shriner sticker on the fork) He used to ride it around dressed as a clown for the childrens hospital.

Anyway, I want to bring it back to life, in hopes that my kid will be able to enjoy it as i did.

I am JUST getting started, and I need to start to find out what other bikes can provide parts. Is there a way to find out what parts will cross reference with the more popular z50, and later QA's?

At this point I will take ANY help you have. I dont care about a FULL restore....I even considered swapping for a newer engine that I will be able to get parts for....but I think I prefer to stay as original as a i possible can, while still keeping it a bike that can be ridden and abused the way I did when I was 7!

Here she is....in the shape I found it in....and then now (torn down and ready to get started)

Neck

Growing up is optional
Welcome to the OldMiniBikes! I think you'll find very few of the Z50 parts will interchange with a QA50 completely different animal. You might start a thread in the project section with that one, we have a few QA aficionados here