Stolen mini bike

Some :censure::censure::censure: stole Jason's mini bike right out of the back of my truck last night. It was strapped down with 4 tie down straps and I had the truck backed into the driveway right up close to the house. I didn't hear anything and with it being just outside of my bedroom window, I'm surprised I didn't. I hear those pesky racoons when they get into the trash cans, but not the thieves. They were slick.
They better hope I don't find the bastards that took it.:censored::censored::cursing::frown::angry::2guns::gun_bandana::gunsmilie:

It's probably in St. Louis, in a crack dealer's shed or something. With the cops in this town I doubt they'll find it. Damn shame, it was a sweet little bike. Jason is devistated. I feel sorry for the little guy, so we took the vintage race kart to the parking lot today to make him feel better.:wink:

What kinda bike was it? Where was it stolen? Got a Picture of it?
Prolly in some Meth Heads Shed in Jefferson County..
It was stolen from Collinsville Dennis. Just across the river from St. Louis about 12 miles or so. It was Jason's mid 60's Rupp Continental. The orange and black one that I built the jackshaft disc , foot brake for.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=633&d=1184405133
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=759&d=1185811514
Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of it finished.

Sorry to hear that Jim, I hope you catch them guys and keep your eyes peeled for it for sale under a different color. Hopefully they just went for a joy ride and left it somewhere to be found.

This year on all my builds I have started using Number stamps all my Minis in several inconspicuous places and then taking pictures of the indentations. I Think it was someone on Jays site that had one stolen that got me to start doing it.

Again Sorry to here about that Jim. That really sucks.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Most likely it's someone young that has seen it in use before. I have had friends that have had there stuff stolen. And it's always by a greedy young person.

GTO I only hope it was a joyride for some dumbass drunk kid. I drove around a good 4 or 5 square mile area today looking out for it in ditches or a back yard. I might drive across town and take my chances in the "better part of town:dots::ph34r:" tomorrow.
Dennis, I gave the cops the pics of it and explained that the brake set up was a one of a kind and very identifiable feature of the bike. I will have markings and photos of everything from here on out, but I really doubt if the cops here will even take a stolen mini bike seriously.

By the way, thanks for all the sympathy guys, but it's Jason that is hurt the worst in all this. That's what ticks me off the most. This is a bad memory for him for the rest of his life. THEY WILL PAY. What goes around, comes around........

I really hate that one can't have anything nice in this day and age. Sorry to hear that someone thought that they just deserved to have your kids things. :thumbdown:

Post an ad in the area news papers and flyers around town. If a greedy kid stole it, there's probably another greedy kid willing to rat on his buddy to make a $$. I've recovered a feww stolen things that way. If a kid got it,there's a good chance you could get it back.They usually can't resist bragging to someone and the word will get around. Good luck.

Hey Jim

Keep an eye out around your house, craigslist, ebay, the paper. Sorry to hear it. Does Jason have another minibike?

Josh
Josh, He doesn't have another mini bike, but the Dunecycle is pretty much his. The thing that sucks is that he waited so long for me to finish it and finally got it for his birthday the last day of July. He got to ride it a couple times at my friend's house in the country and in one parade. Then it was gone..... I'm still pissed!!!

Hey Jim, Im sorry this happened to you and your son. Like Josh said keep your eyes out on ebay alot of people steal something and then sell it for money for there drugs.
:thumbdown: