Stolen Taco alert!

Sorry to hear that Tom.. Hopefully it's just 1 of your buddies playing a really bad April fools joke on you. Takes a lot of balls to do that while you're there

My guess....

Its local. Some neighbor hood kid has it back in their shed. Motors off... cuz they couldnt start it. Also gotta guess it was a opurtunist moment... just my gut.

I do hope ya dind it. Hate to say it... but check local scrappers... and keep checking em. Sux.

I would print some flyers out with stolen and offer a reward and go door to door for about 3 blocks out asking if anybody has seen it! If its a kid you will have some very pissed off parents!!!

Sorry to hear this Tom. I agree with the above. Someone knew it was there. With the amount of Cali members we have, you odds are better than the police. Hang in there.

Put some signs up for a reward at the local stores, and spread the word around the neighborhood. Most likely tweakers..there's a lot of them around due to being in an industrial park on the edge of a not so great neighborhood. My shop is on a busy street, so a lot of foot traffic around here.

Now my question is whether I'll have better results offering a reward on craigslist or just hoping it will pop up on there...

Here's the location - it was sitting right there in front of the matching Kart next to my ragtop. I was most likely in the office in the background.

Been here 6 years with nothing like this before.

If it was me and I had a shop that nice I'd buy a $200 PC camera and point it at the door. They overwrite their memory about every other day or can write to a PC. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Sorry for your loss!

If it was me and I had a shop that nice I'd buy a $200 PC camera and point it at the door. They overwrite their memory about every other day or can write to a PC. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Sorry for your loss!
I've thought of that but it may piss me off more to watch a video of them doing it. Don't have time to just sit and watch the monitor...much less a monitor aimed 20 feet from me.

There is the rare time that they get an ID off the video, but more often than not I hear about people who either have video that they can't make anything out on or don't recognize the person anyways.

I've thought of that but it may piss me off more to watch a video of them doing it. Don't have time to just sit and watch the monitor...much less a monitor aimed 20 feet from me.

There is the rare time that they get an ID off the video, but more often than not I hear about people who either have video that they can't make anything out on or don't recognize the person anyways.
No monitor to watch, small camera writes to a memory chip constantly, overwrites itself about every other day, only need to view it if something happens.
You'd be surprised at the quality these days.
I use one in my car everyday, It's a Asian or Russian thing to be honest, they use it to prove who is at fault if in accident. (no, I'm not Asian)

Almost any camera would give you a running start?

We have a ranch that I've been trying to figure out how to install one and upload data to a wireless disk someplace. Someone actually stole a complete cast iron cook stove out of a relatives house, like 8' x 6' and maybe a thousand pounds.

So much trash around, if I caught them I'd be hard pressed not to pop them!

Here's a link to my camera, it's pretty cool. Videos at the bottom of site.
http://www.finevu.net/newcr500hd.htm

Last edited:
Just got a call from a buddy that put the word out yesterday and got a call back that someone was ripping up and down the road one street over from my shop last night at about 10 and they tried to follow but lost them in the small neighborhood.

May be a good lead, but also may not because about a week earlier there was a youngster ripping around the neighborhood on a blue 1970 CT70 by another youngster I know's house. I had him flag the guy down to see if he wanted to sell, but he said no and jammed back down the road....I'm thinking to myself "so he won't sell it, but he'll let it get impounded..."

Also yesterday when I let my buddy that owns the body shop next to me know about what happened, he said that morning (yesterday) that he saw someone pushing a small scooter across his lot (he's the corner building between the street my shop is on and the street someone was riding on last night)

He said it stood out to him because it had a red engine.

There may be hope to get it back if it's still in town, but if it ventures off to one of the surrounding cities it may be hard to get it back. Things like that get impounded and never get picked up.

My shop is in a suburb of Modesto, one of 5 or 6 basically connected to Modesto, then theres' a half dozen or so that that's a 15 minute drive through the country.

Hey Tom, maybe you just misplaced it or the goat ate it !:laugh: Seriously, Sorry about the loss. Hope you get it back.
Actually I thought of that...thought maybe one of my guys moved it or something due to being in the way. Tried not to freak out but quickly figured out it was gone.

I have feelers out to all the bicycle bandit dumpster divers in the area as well, and these guys get around. I've known a couple of them half my life, so there's a good chance they'll help out.