Stupid wisdom teeth

had mine pulled .... one side oh :censure: me for lingering annoying little pains for weeks . my ears hurt from him wrenching on my jaw and not holding it . i hate him always have just a jack ass .
went to a different one hands like a black smith :eek: get the shots he starts a prying and ouch i feel that . ok here big old hit from the needle walks off for a bit . comes back and with the little pry tools pokes me and says ya feel that .... no how about this .. um nope . ok pop pop out they came in less time then i could realize he got them both out here bite down and when ya feel ready ya can go . i was like huh you were going to pull 2 why just the one . he looked at me and does the there both out your done when your ready :eek:. best trip i have ever had .
healed up fast and almost no pain :thumbsup:
hope your doc is a good one makes it alot easier if they like there work :laugh:
when he wants a tooth out he means it good grip on the old jaw and no dinking around its out .

Because I hated the dentist, I avoided getting mine out. Finally couldn't stand/didn't want the pain any more. So at 30 yrs old, got all 4 impacted wisdom teeth pulled out. The butcher that did it, did it in the hospital because it was considered surgery. Hurt like hell for a few days, face all swollen, but a week after, I was glade I did it. Since that time, I have found a new dentist that is GREAT. If I had this guy my whole life I wouldn't have hated dentists for so long. Get it done, you'll be glade you did.

MikeBear

See, you are smarter already!

Go to an ORAL SURGEON in a case like this. Don't go to a regular dentist, you most likely will regret it. Oral surgeon can give you stuff so that you'll never feel it when he rips, cuts, hammers, and tears it all out.... :laugh:

My two were impacted, one got infected, and I got serious pneumonia because I put it off too long.

markus

See, you are smarter already!

Go to an ORAL SURGEON in a case like this. Don't go to a regular dentist, you most likely will regret it. Oral surgeon can give you stuff so that you'll never feel it when he rips, cuts, hammers, and tears it all out.... :laugh:

My two were impacted, one got infected, and I got serious pneumonia because I put it off too long.
good advice, I finally did it just 2 years ago @ 38. Had a good Oral surgeon pull all of them that needed to go or were going to need work in the back out at on time. The toothaches I got were ten times worse than the kidney stones I get, and I have pissed out sand spur sized stones!!!! I don't miss those toothache one bit!

If you go south of the border it's so much cheaper!
I live about 10 miles from the place they call Molar City. There are more dentist per capita than anywhere else in the world. Much cheaper is a understatement. If you need dental work that is the place to go. They use to have full tour buses take people over for dental work from places like LA. They can do crowns the same day if you get there early enough. There are stories about people needing 40K worth of dental work in the USA that had the same work done for about 2K.

45t

Both my older brother and sister went to an oral surgeon to get them done and they were sore, swollen and messed up for about a week. I'm the youngest in the family and when it was my turn my parents couldn't afford the oral surgeon, so I went the the regular dentist. Mine were impacted so he gased me, cut the tops off all four teeth then extracted the impacted roots. I had no pain or bad side affects afterwards. I was chewing gum the same day and eating steak the next day. Sure the holes leaked for awhile, but if you keep them cleaned out from food, they'll heal nicely with no problems.

toomanytoys

You guys aren't making me feel better Lol

The dentist scares the crap out of me and I haven't been to one since 16. Months away from 30 now!!

You guys aren't making me feel better Lol

The dentist scares the crap out of me and I haven't been to one since 16. Months away from 30 now!!
Ok, here's how it was for me (I was terrified also):

I went to an oral surgeon and of course, you have to sign a form that agrees that if you die, it's not their fault!
I wanked in, signed the form, they strap you into a chair with huge Velcro straps and insert an IV.
I was under in about 1 minute.
I woke up 15 minutes later in the recovery room pretty dopey (more than normal)
5 minutes to come to life and out the door.

Maybe 30 minutes tops in the office for all 4 teeth.

No issues, no pain, didn't take the pills, and eating pizza the next day!

Keep the wound clean, follow their directions and you'll be a happy camper!

I'd be more concerned that in 14 years you will have other issues!
Floss daily like a good OldMiniBikes member!

Last edited:
Had all my wisdom teeth at 15. Must've come in soft though, because I broke one on a soft piece of candy. Had em all out by early 20s. Doc said, if they're that soft they're not doin me any good. Took 3 trips, the broken one first, two on the next, and the final on the last. Simple extractions. First and last hurt like hell, the two on the second trip was pain-free.:shrug: Longass roots on die ersten und die letzen.

Had an Air Force dentist doing bridge work on me back in 1991. He was so good feel asleep on him twice one day. Had me get up go have some coffee and a smoke! Came back and finished for the day. Now thats a good dentist.

Its in your head. I was just like you. Forgot who said this to me but ill pass these little words of wisdom on to you as they were to me......"dont be a puss, get it over with".
They will only get more annoying if you dont. Believe me.....one of mine hurt alot and it was almost instant relieve when she got it out. Take some perks and youll be fine.:thumbsup:

Find a dentist with arms like a gorilla.

The faster its done the less trouble you have.

Avoid ladies and small dentists with arms like school girls....

Never tried the drugs and goofy gas but its an option.

I had an old navy dentist pull some teeth for me.
He was a big scary loooking man.
But he could pull teeth let me tell you.

In the chair and out they came.
I didn't need any drugs after he did his thing for the pain.

But later I got a dentists that was a noodle armed chior boy pull a tooth.
That was not a good choice and I regretted it after.

toomanytoys

My teeth as a whole aren't the greatest. I chew a can of snuff a day and smoke.

Pain is mostly gone now. I have so much going on right now its not funny. I went in to work at 5 am so I could leave at three since j had to go sign papers. Now my girlfriend and me got into it because her daughter woke up from a nap crying her belly hurt. She is 3. The girlfriend grabbed up and ran to find something god knows what. I'm have the kid she is screaming. I ask her what's wrong and she says my tummy hurts. Go poop honey she runs to the bathroom drops a log comes back fine. We were watching cartoons when the girlfriend came back. I'm like you gotta stop freaking out. Every time she has a sniffle or pain! She got upset with me