Super Bronc VT-8, Just For Fun

Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been down at camp since Thursday, no internet and poor phone service.

Karen- Thx, the seat looks great

Doc- Thx, got the carb sorted out, so it runs even better. It rides good with just the plywood seat, it'll be like riding marshmallow with my fancy new seat

OND- Just noticed your location, our camp is down the road from Stanford in a little town called Kings Mountain

Finally had some free time to work on the Bronc, got my exhaust finished, quietened it down pretty good. I had some bullet mufflers laying around and I used one on the Bronc, but as I was tightening down I noticed it had some play in it. So I tossed that one aside and got another, later on I was looking at that muffler and I noticed some bad spot welds on the end. Here is what they are supposed to look like.

Drilled out the welds and this is what you get.

A little trimming

Cut another apart and you get this, a muffler with threads on both ends

Here it is mounted with some flex pipe

Another thing I did was add a piece to the brake/clutch bracket

And used a brake cable with an adjuster on it and a spring between the ends of the band

So here it is, I'm going to call it done for now, but I have more plans for it. Finished up the wiring this afternoon, what a mess, went a little overkill. You can start it 3 ways, good old pull rope, key switch or starter button on the handlebars. Brake lights for front and rear brakes, also ran wires for turn signals. Most of the wires are hidden inside the frame except around the battery, need to get some split loom to clean that up.

And now the most important part, a thank you to Karen for the seat. Already got a couple compliments on it and it's only been on the bike 2 days. I rode it today for the first time with the seat, it's like riding my LazyBoy down the street.

I'll get a video up this week to make it official.

Thanks for the comments,

Doc- took it to my buddy's farm over the weekend, it ran great

OND- thx for reposting the video, couldn't figure that out

cheezy1- thx for overseeing the madhouse

joker- that beast rides smooth, I thought rode nice with just a plywood seat and then I got the seat from manchester, now it rides better than my motorcycle and pulls wheelies easier

I just went thru the other builds and DAMN !!!!, there are some talented people on this forum.
I'm just going to take my little Bronc and stand in the corner out of the way.

Still plugging away on this beast, got my trailer hitch mocked up. I forgot the golden rule about measuring twice, going to have to get out the metal stretcher, a little too close to the tire.

I also want to get some vinyl decals made and I thought someone on here was making them, but I couldn't find them. So if somebody could pass along their name or contact info, would rather give some one here my money.

Still plugging away on this beast, got my trailer hitch mocked up. I forgot the golden rule about measuring twice, going to have to get out the metal stretcher, a little too close to the tire.

I also want to get some vinyl decals made and I thought someone on here was making them, but I couldn't find them. So if somebody could pass along their name or contact info, would rather give some one here my money.
Probably talking about Bikebuddy!! Just PM him!! Real nice guy!!