Super Tryke master cylinder replacement.

I finally broke down and got a new one from BMI that fits 1" bars and the lever will switch sides for a left or right installation. Tried to replace the O-rings with a kit specific to the master cylinder on it but it has a gouge or something I cannot see and will not seal. So $59 shipped off Ebay not bad, tired of it sitting and I need to crack the calipers open and clean em up maybe replace them too. My other Super Tryke with the lower seating position has manual bands and one done will stop it fine but the bench seat model has a healthy electric start 11hp Tecumseh with a huge TAV and needs the juice brakes. So soon I'll be riding it around again. The other one is painted now and the Peerless is cleaned and the bentonite grease is located but it has tractor grease in it now. Drums are cleaned. The lowers will be cleaned up along with the springs and installed. The handlebars will not see chrome like the others, too expensive and not needed as the fenders will be painted too. A low budget S/T but still another to tool around on.:thumbsup:

Says the guy with the awesome new Pacesetter 3wheeler. Oklahoma is at the crossroads and with the Army and Air Force bases a lot if stuff comes through here, I was trying to buy it all and realized I had too much stuff. So some will go and some will stay, the Heald stuff stays as well as all my current minibikes. I needed future projects and have enough for now at the slow pace I work. I'm tired of seeing the Tryke sit so the brakes will get a good going over soon.:thumbsup:

Super tryke disc brakes

Mind telling me where you bought you brake parts for your tryke. Saw your post on "OldminiBikes. TIA Jerry S at Sanborn Iowa

MNGB

Hi good to hear that you found a 1" master cylinder for that price, last winter when I redid my Hauler I was looking for a reasonably priced master cyl and couldn't find one so I ended up using a master cyl from a Polaris snowmobile the snowmobile handle bars are 7/8" so I very slowly and carefully drilled it to 1" using the drill press, its working good on the hauler. One thing I like is the Polaris master cylinder has a built in park brake which is nice.
GB in MN :scooter: