Supertech 2 stroke oil?

Anyone have experience with Supertech's 2 stroke oil? Wally world brand is cheap cheap cheap. Ran several gallons through the china girl at 32:1 with the stuff without a hitch (fortunately, china girls will probably run on water if you crank them hard enough).

I run Amsoil in my saws, but I'm getting to a point where paying that much for 2 stroke oil is getting a little ridiculous.

Anyone have any bad experiences with the Supertech? My saws seem to run it fine, but that's probably only a tankful so far.

Any opinions?

vwfan79

As they say, you get what you pay for. There are brands out there that are good but are priced between the AMS oil and the Walmart brand, I would do a little looking around.

We ran the Supertech oil for years in the fire department boat. Twin 155Hp outboards run 3/4 - wide open throttle a lot of the time. A powerhead would usually last 2000 hours before coming apart.

My opinion, it's cheap because WalMart has huge buying power and can buy it less than others, sell it for less and still make more $'s. Look on the bottle, for the SAE rating, that's what matters.

You can buy better stuff, but it's expensive. I used to run Motul in my 2 cycle Rotax FR125, but costs approx $20 for a liter, with 1 liter being just a little more than 1 quart.

I run SuperTech 10W30 full synthetic in my 4 stoke kart/ minibike engines and get very good results. Never used SuperTech 2 stoke oil, but would bet it's good stuff too.

I run it in my two stroke weedeater. No issues and fires right up after 3 season so far.

I also put it in my diesel truck. Does a good job of lubricating the injectors and the mileage is up by 2mpg.

I have been using that stuff in my boats for years,no problems.But i do mix it heavy.Rather replace a sparkplug than a piston.And even then it dont foul the plugs.