SuperTrapp for a 6.5 clone

NewAge

My current project will have a 6.5 clone with a 22 Mikuni, pipe, billet rod...etc. Because the project will be used primarily for street use, and in an effort to keep peace with the neighbors I am planning on installing a SuperTrapp IDS muffler like this one.

Anyone ever use SuperTrapps?

Kenny1

Well thats a big piece of pipe. I would think it should be pretty darn quiet. Let us know. I am moving into a new condo and need to put the hush on the bike I ride most. It has a 6.5 clone with a straight pipe. The neighbors aint gonna like that!!

Well thats a big piece of pipe. I would think it should be pretty darn quiet. Let us know. I am moving into a new condo and need to put the hush on the bike I ride most. It has a 6.5 clone with a straight pipe. The neighbors aint gonna like that!!
have you tried running the replacement mufflers you can get at Ace (or other hardware stores)? i have one for my 5.5 and it quiets it down a lot when i have it on the end of the straight pipe. they only cost about $5 too.

Briggs used to sell what they called a " Hospital Quiet Muffler " I wonder if they still do.
As for super trapp mufflers. I ran one on a Stock 8 HP Tecumseh but I used it for spark arrester necessity not for noise suppression .
Merry Christmas Steve :scooter:

back in the day a friend of mine had Supertrapp mufflers on his 5.0 Capri (basically a mutang) and it was still loud.

i miss the days of running around with him in that and me in my 5.0 LX. life was so much more fun 11 years ago. hanging out in random parking lots with loud, fast (back then) cars was too much fun.

New Age : I looked up the price of that model of super trapp muffler and it was $245.00 and the inlet was 1.75 inches . Very nice looking but very long to.
I checked on line and found a supper Trapp chart @ Jack's small engine supply it was sold in 3 parts the clamp on style base was with a 1 inch inlet model # 3S-1000 and it takes a 3 pack of diffuser rings part # 3S-6503 and for the quiet part a resonator part # 3S-5500 total cost was $108.85 . The only reasons for using the Super Trapp is for it's tune ability and for the spark arrestor certification . this site recommends for the 6.5 engine only using 2 of the 3 diffuser rings.
I live in the Great Northwest so where I ride the Spark Arrestor is a must. But I will need about 4 units for all the bikes to be so equipped.
I think you should look closer at the sizing of the unit not just the look.
Steve :scooter:

NewAge

Thanks for the input Steven, yeah I know that the SuperTrapp in the photo is big and that it has a 1.75" inlet, but it was clearly the best looking Universal that utilized 3" disks and SuperTrapp said that it was the quietest muffler in the Universal line which is important because the project is planned to be street legal.
As far as the size goes, the chassis calls for a 60" wheelbase so there should be plenty of room for the big muffler, I have already fabricated an adapter for my existing pipe.
I found the muffler here summitracing.com
still expensive but alot cheaper than list.
Project completion is scheduled for March 09 and I can hardly wait to share photos and video with everyone. :biggrin: