Symco 125ft Clay Mini Bike drags Aug 13 2016

I'm getting pretty excited about this show. I know I won't do well. It will probably turn into a pedal fest for me, but Im excited about it anyways.

Symco Drags

Looks great! Bring you bike down to White Knuckle Scramble Aug 6 in IL , testing and tuning. See you al at the Drags. Chris 73
We are all readey from the Symco 125 ft Drags, the trophies are ready (thanks you DELRAY) $250 gift cards from OldMiniBikes are being printed, and the CVT clutch from Midwest 608 Mini Bikes is all boxed up ready for One lucky Mini Bike Racer...See you at Symco Hotrod & Kustom Weekender Car Show and Mini Bike Drags....Aug 11- 13 .thanks Chris N. 73

What time are the drags and what time do the gates open on Saturday ?
As long as the weathers good Jr and I will be there.
Looks to be about a 4 hr drive for us

Hi Yoop. The Drags start at 10:00 on Clay track down by the pond. Saturday morning register at Stone building just inside gate 8:00 -9:30, me or VW Ben will tech the Bikes. The gate will be open all night for the campers I think. Thanks Chris N

delray

that would be cool for the mini bike drags.......:thumbsup:
let you know when my bike is running.....:wink:........:scooter:

I just fired my drag bike up for the first time since early June. Purring like a VERY ANGRY kitten. I figure I had a few days left to panic. No sense in getting in a hurry lol.

delray

Briggster
I just fired my drag bike up for the first time since early June.
same here briggster...:thumbsup: had to run couple test runs and then on friday it will go though couple more test runs and then should be ready for SYMCO WIS....:scooter:

As of now the forecast looks good.looking forward to the show and meeting you guys.
Jr and I will be wearing our red "VINTAGE RIDERS" shirts

JR and I had a great time yesterday. Talked with some members,mini drags,outstanding car show and an excellent place to have one.
Defiantly bringing some mini's next year,maybe even camp there.

delray

hey yoop, nice meeting you and your son. sorry i didn't get more time to talk and all. next year will be alot of fun if you get a bike ready for JR......:thumbsup: i would of like to stay longer after the racing,but the group of people i was with wanted to go.
racing was alot fun to watch again and to have a bike also in it.
things where little screwed up in are class. for some reason they had briggster's bike in the 13hp under class. so the first race we had was against briggster and you new right away when he fire up is bike with a remote 12v electric starter and the engine came to life. you could tell right away that bike was lot more then 13hp:doah:
are class is rope start only and anything with electric start is in the EXHIBITION class only.
second race we got to race against a bike that was correct in are class and won it.
third race was really screw up. the bike they had us against was a big block engine. i believe it was a originally 11hp or 13hp or something,but everybody knows with little bit of carb work and timing and a header. that kind of engine is way more then 13hp and who know's it could of had a cam in it too? that motor was day and night compared to the rest of the motors in that class.
also he had ladder bars on the bike. that too i was told was for EXHIBITION class only.
here is a picture of the bike.

also notes something in the 5hp and under class. that class is really for the younger kids and nice to see most of them where younger people running with flatheads(tecumseh's,briggs)
note sure why they allowed a guy with a 5.5 intek overhead briggs in that class. this guy was adult and he new what he had. that too is another engine with just little carb tuning and header is way over 5hp. he too won the 5hp and under class..:doah: should of never been in that class:eek:ut:
maybe next year it will be straighten out and i was told that there maybe 3 different racings..:thumbsup: symco,dubuque and not sure on the third?

nice seeing all the OldMiniBikes members there.......:thumbsup:
thanks drew for helping on sponsoring the racing....:thumbsup:

nice meeting you too delray,we had fun and Jr scored bigtime in the swapmeet
He bought 2 hotwheels for 4 bucks and turned out to be worth $120.00 a piece
i'm having issues copying and pasting links right now,seams like the urls on our computer are not as long as they used to be :shrug:

Last edited: