Tachometer

I have a Baja Mini with a modified engine but everything else is stock...Can i hook a tach to the existing headlight wiring cause the headlight works off the speed of the engine? or how can i hook a simple tachometer up to it? Thanks

P.S. Are there street tires that will fit this bike(19x7x8)? I also will be adding a torque converter to this.....

.265" Lift cam,26lb springs,1.2 rockers,molly push rods, stainless valves, stock head and mikuni carb 22mm setup,exhaust Header(Open pipe) and no govenor......

Last edited:
I have a Baja Mini with a modified engine but everything else is stock...Can i hook a tach to the existing headlight wiring cause the headlight works off the speed of the engine? or how can i hook a simple tachometer up to it? Thanks

P.S. Are there street tires that will fit this bike(19x7x8)? I also will be adding a torque converter to this.....
You can buy a $50.00 tach at agk,there's a wire that wraps around the spark plug wire if I'm not mistaken and it has a digital readout, as for the tire,I have a street/dirt tire that I purchased at a yamaha dealer and is great on paved roads,just drop by and tell the salesman the size tire and he'll show you what they got.

Okay a regular car tach has four wires red for the positive that is were u would put ur headlight wire to a white wire whitch is a backlight also to the light wire optional. A black wire ground duh! Lol jk. And a green or yellow the rpm sensor whitch goes to wear the kill switch hooks up. Hope i helped :)

You can buy a $50.00 tach at agk,there's a wire that wraps around the spark plug wire if I'm not mistaken and it has a digital readout, as for the tire,I have a street/dirt tire that I purchased at a yamaha dealer and is great on paved roads,just drop by and tell the salesman the size tire and he'll show you what they got.
Awesome bike.....Did you need to customize the exhaust pipe or did that bolt up from AGK? Did you remove the decompression tab on the cam? How much was the gas tank? Thanks:thumbsup:

The exhaust is custom made for the bike,tab is not removed and the gas tank is a new old stock 95 harley 883 sportster.The photo's are out of date and I will update as soon as the bike is finished.Just too many changes to list but its not the same bike anymore.

joekd

I bought a digital tach/hour meter off Ebay, installed in minutes, just had to wrap the sender wire around the plug wire then attach another to ground