Taco / clone / tav2

I was curious if it would be possible to run a tav2 on a clone....? and if so.. will it go on my taco? Also..... could some one explain to me what a tav2 is..... i found pics of them and see them on members bikes.... but im not sure what they do that a regular clutch wont......

Mac

Put simply a TAV setup uses the belt drive which as it slides down into the rear pulley changes the gear ratio. Each time the belt thickness slides down the thickness of the belt you get a different ratio, usually about 16 different ratios. That gives you a 16 speed automatic. Power to pull a hill, and the speed to run on flat ground.

my real taco has no engine..... and i dont know much about rebuilding and older engine...... i already bought the clone so im going to use it..... sorry to offend any one by bastardizing my taco..... so i guess ill go ahead and order a tav2..... will the difference in power be immediately noticeable?

1stlegendtx

It's your bike you can do what ever you want. The tav 2 will make a noticeable power difference. As long as you don't cut, chop, or drill you can always put it back to stock anyway.

the TAV doesn't give you any more power, it just changes the gearing. if anything, it actually takes more power to run a TAV than a regular clutch.