Taco clutch cover install

oscart

Does anyone have pics of the proper brackets that hold the Taco clutch/chain guard on a Taco 22 with a Briggs engine? I would like to have an original setup and not butcher my new clutch guard.
Thanks!

Neck

Growing up is optional
I wish Taco Bill would chime in, I have 7 Taco projects and none of them came with covers. Wait! I think my ST100 has the brackets, I'll go look.

oscart

Thanks. I am trying to do the setup on a Taco 22 with a Briggs and would like to drill my repro cover in the correct places. Your pic does confirm that they use a simple L bracket. Anyone else?

I have some info on dimensions somewhere. I'll have to look. Tacobill gave me some dimensions on the hole locations on the cover. One of my guys recently made a beefier bracket based on those locations for my T22 rider.

george3

Here they are, kinda cheap lookin huh?!
That is the correct brackets the prob. drilling the hole in the cover in the correct place. if you clock the brackets just a bit it changes the locations alot. Your main measurment is distance of the front of the clutch. OEM has no shaft bolt. and a mercury clutch as mine is.

Here's pics of what Bill sent me. A look at all pics should get a person on the right track.

Pretty much if you get the top hole in the right spot (gravy), then it's just all about getting the dimensions for the other.

What my guy did was use a length of fairly wide metal and curved it for the Taco cover to sit on, thencut material away to leave 2 slivers of metal sticking off to be bent over and used as the brackets that bolt to the engine.

To get an idea of what I'm talking about, visualize using one of the small chrome Azusa clutch guards and bolting the Taco cover over it...thought about doing that before, but never laid the parts together.

george3

What do you guys think about a complete OEM type easy install kit for Taco chain guards? I have a much better idea than wire or measureing idea.

For the stock mounting location on the cover I have the dims at my toy box I will post it up tonight and is quite easy by using 3/4 masking tape you just lay the tape down on a flat surface mark the holes then place on cover and drill.

Also I have been asked to offer brackets for my covers, the only problem is I make 12 or so covers and fit many different models and there are briggs tecumsehs hondas clones big blocks small blocks etc I would have to offer 70 or so different bracket sets X2 and I just do not have the time for that.

george3

For the stock mounting location on the cover I have the dims at my toy box I will post it up tonight and is quite easy by using 3/4 masking tape you just lay the tape down on a flat surface mark the holes then place on cover and drill.

Also I have been asked to offer brackets for my covers, the only problem is I make 12 or so covers and fit many different models and there are briggs tecumsehs hondas clones big blocks small blocks etc I would have to offer 70 or so different bracket sets X2 and I just do not have the time for that.
Exactly, you would have to go with 3HP version, the 5HP version and the 22 version also the 44-100 version for perfict fit app. Pain in the ? Just not enough hours in the day to make everyone happy, :laugh::laugh::laugh: