Taco Mini Bike?

Embossed cover briggs, manco wheels, great seat and a nice finish so what's not to love except that it's probably a Golden Pinto. The forks are too short for a Sprite I think plus I have a Golden Pinto that looks very much like this except for the seat mount tabs are still intact on mine. Probably worth it if you don't build em yourself IMO, it's a well sorted custom machine but I'd still try to get em down on the price

Last edited:
I agree with Ace that's a nice looking bike somebody had good intentions. Seat is kinda "Taco" style but that's about it. Forks look like they are from something else. They don't look like Bird the triple tree plates are beefy looking and the tubes aren't bent! Almost looks like 1" tubing. Scrub brake is gone, what does it have for a brake ?

If it was mine I would paint the motor black and highlight the embossing on the shroud with gold to match the frame and that thing will be slick.

It has a rear disc brake that looks to be an aftermarket add-on. Also, on the left edge of the image, on the bottom of the frame on the far side, there is a bracket sticking up that has a circular whole cut in it. Any idea what this was intended for? Jack shaft, maybe?

image.jpeg

You can see the bracket I mentioned in the previous post again here. There are brackets on both sides of the frame. Not sure what that "muffler" is either.

image.jpeg

markus

thats for a jackshaft, His pictures are gone now from the site but I have a feeling that may have been a bike built by member "Joelwey" up in Colorado, he had set it up with a 2 stroke west bend or mac kart engine. The bike is a bird, but he had modded it to fit the 2 stroke. He does really good thought out work (I had one of the bikes he built its was impressive:thumbsup:), that bike would be great because it was setup with a drum brake on the rear wheel etc.. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/complete-mini-bikes/23572-bird-minibike.html

That muffler is the tail end of a standard "hot dog muff" it either came apart at that seam or some jackass popped it off there thinking it would make it faster....probably the latter :laugh:

Heres what the muff looked like at one time: