Taco painting question: Opinions needed

restored my 66 Taco 22, used Kandy Apple Purple to "sort of" stick with the original theme.....am in the process of restoring a 68 Taco 22, was going to go with the red, again in keeping with Taco theme, but am thinking of different colors, maybe orange, even tho it isn't historically accurate.....any thoughts on what this may do to it's value? The 68 will go up for sale when it's finished shortly...

thanks for your thoughts...

Frank

Last edited:

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
in my opinion, since it is not the original paint, it should not matter. if the next owner wanted a different color, a repaint is easy to do. if I like the way a bike is built, I can always change the color. :shrug:

rugblaster

On small jobs (like these mini bikes) I go to the paint store I trade at and ask to look through their screw up paint selection. They usually have 50 to 75 pint and quart containers to look through. They just give me the paint because they throw it all out eventually anyway. Some of the colors are very attractive.
Others, not so much. Most are two stage paints and are expensive normally. I paint stuff colors I like, and since I have impeccable taste, everyone except an idiot here and there likes it too. It is only original once, and that original paint was crap to start with.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
What I like to do is take an image like you posted, then color it with the computer. Then drop color's to see if i like where it is going.

A long way from real paint, I know but, it gives you a bit of an idea.