Taco Skipper

I got this one off Craigslist with the backstory it was a Shriner's bike ridden in parades. Wondering what anyone can tell me about it and if all Taco 22's came from the factory with the trademark purple paint?

Frame looks to be in pretty good shape. You can grind some of that weird stuff off. What year is it.? The year should be on the side with the skipper chain guard, in front of the axel tab.:laugh:

Most tacos came purple. Some 33s came azur blue. The 1963 taco came gold. 1970 on up purple, red and I think a powder blue?. F85s and 102s purple and black.

Thanks for the info...I looked for numbers but don't see anything even after wire brushing. There are traces of purple paint under the red...

Looks like I found the long lost 9P629. The number was next to the left foot peg. After I got all the extra stuff off and put on a couple old not correct wheels I think it will be a good base for a restoration:grind: Not sure how I feel about purple:shrug:

taco 22

see the steenstacominibike web site as im no expert 9= 1969 as are the forks P= taco 22 the rest is the number of units the frame is solid blast and powder coat the frame dump the wheels get 5" tacos or azusa tri stars and the good sprocket , get a new brake and seat from taco joe and a nice 3 hp briggs and presto!....as far as the forks hope these come apart spray a good penetrating oil and take them off carefully dont bend them or use a pipe wrench and lean on them ....you could also put a axle thru the legs and tap them off only on this style fork ...briggs 3 hp and you have a collector bike ....there are so many great people on this web site with the parts to share

see the steenstacominibike web site as im no expert 9= 1969 as are the forks P= taco 22 the rest is the number of units the frame is solid blast and powder coat the frame dump the wheels get 5" tacos or azusa tri stars and the good sprocket , get a new brake and seat from taco joe and a nice 3 hp briggs and presto!....as far as the forks hope these come apart spray a good penetrating oil and take them off carefully dont bend them or use a pipe wrench and lean on them ....you could also put a axle thru the legs and tap them off only on this style fork ...briggs 3 hp and you have a collector bike ....there are so many great people on this web site with the parts to share
That is the plan...thanks for the tips on the front forks.