Tass 928's 2015 open class, Doodlebomb.

Happy 2015 everyone!
I had a couple of ideas but settled on this one. I have the bones of a tortured doodle bug, an ugly but good running clone and a 4’ long bomb.

So..”Doodlebomb!”
Here we go….

Tass 928

I cant wait to see what you do with the bomb :doah:
ya....me too !

I have an idea in my head and a big part of that was to use a western saddle as a seat. Problem is, the saddle I have is way out of scale for something this small. A neighbor has a kid size saddle that might do it.....waiting to get my hands on that and check it out.

sketch

Here is my MS paint sketch of what I'm shooting for.

The steering will come up through the bomb and the exhaust will exit out through the tail. I'll add an extension to lengthen it and house the gas tank. Looking for an aircraft steering yoke to use instead of handle bars. Picturing the entire thing in military colors with white stencils....possibly some nose art?

It looks like I can spare 4" of frame height so I'll chop that out and my seat height should come out to only slightly higher than stock.

Next update will be a shorty frame with a relocated steering head. This frame has cracks and bad weld repairs all over it. Its a good candidate for this cut and hack treatment.

Halfway through the frame chop and back up on the table to get an idea of how I need to modify the steering head. First pic is bomb as is, 2nd pic is bomb stretched to where I think I want it.

Can the Bomb function as the Fuel tank ?

Great Idea BTW
Yes...sort of. I'm not planning on making it liquid tight and also, I will be running the exhaust through the center so it can exit out the tail. Hot exhaust and fuel vapors = real bomb:crying:
I'm going to use a stock clone tank and modify it to sit inside the new extension section, something like this:

trinik7597

very cool build tass ! are you going to cut a seat pan into the bomb too ? or just sit on top of it ? with the header running through there it might get a little hot no :thumbsup:

very cool build tass ! are you going to cut a seat pan into the bomb too ? or just sit on top of it ? with the header running through there it might get a little hot no :thumbsup:
My plan is to use a western saddle with stirrups instead of foot pegs. I have a saddle but its way to big. I'm looking for one small enough to fit the scale, yet still hold an adult. (if "adult" is what you call a 200lb 55 year old that builds bomb-shaped minibikes :eek:ut:)

Last edited:
My plan is to use a western saddle with stirrups instead of foot pegs. I have a saddle but its way to big. I'm looking for one small enough to fit the scale, yet still hold an adult. (if "adult" is what you call a 200lb 55 year old that builds bomb-shaped minibikes :eek:ut:)
Adult , I'd use them term loosely , lol !

trinik7597

i see :thumbsup: brown leather to match the military theme ? you need to find a English saddle smaller than a western saddle but big enough for what you need :thumbsup:

i see :thumbsup: brown leather to match the military theme ? you need to find a English saddle smaller than a western saddle but big enough for what you need :thumbsup:
True, but the english saddle just seems so "proper'. It won't go with my leather flight helmet and aviator goggles :smile: