Tav driven RED spring.

the best thing to do is buy a seven inch pulley you can get them on ebay for about 40 bucks... the belts I run I buy from beltpalace.com go to their website type in 203589 for the six inch pulley and 203591 for the seven inch pulley they will show you the comet belt and then the bando Kevlar belt...always get the bando its the best belt you can get...one thing on the 203589 racing belt is it is kinda tight ..they were made for racing jr dragsters so there would be no slippage when under a load...if your just putting around I would not recommend this belt, if racing get it...the 203591 on the seven inch pulley is just the best thing you can have period. just remember the setup with the seven inch pulley has the bronze bushing on the driver for the belt to ride on at idle.. you have to have this part...OldMiniBikes bmi beltpalace etc have it

Thank You. That is good info. In The China $64 TAV2 complete kits, they already have the bronze bushing that the belt rides on.
I'll start shopping for a 7" driven and a 203591 belt.
Cheers.
Danford1

my 212 has turned 7800 over and over with no problems with the 30 series tq...my 390 has the 40 series and turns 7500 plus with no issues but I did have to build custom parts for the driver..my new 212 which will be running this weekend at our races will turn 8500 plus and I'm running a 30 series with a 7 inch pulley don't forsee any reason it wont work just fine

custom built rollers for the 40 series driver... the stock rollers (203648)weigh 128 grams each, the lightened ones you can buy(230649) weigh 94 grams each. the ones I make and sell weigh 35 grams each and are made out of aluminum not steel. when installed with the red comet springs(203040) the driver engages at 5500 rpm...and if you have a motor like my 390 you best be ready, pointed straight and hold on cause your launching like a prostock motorcycle

the 30 series tq on my 212 has the yellow garnter springs (216111a) on the driver shoe (zinc) with a bando belt and the stock pulley spring in the 9oclock position...launches like a rocket pulls to 7800 the tq doesn't flatten out but the motor does start to nose over at 7650

i know this is an old thread but i cant get my tav to rev past it seems like 4000rpm or so it it has 3100 rpms stall and then the yellow on the driven pully and a 50 tooth rear sproket 19 inch wheels any advice, the engine has a black mamba cam mikuni 22mm carb and the bike wont do past 40.

19" wheels and 50 tooth rear sprocket won't let the engine rev to its potential. An engine with a cam will want to rev a lot higher. It won't have the low end grunt and that is why it can't go over 4000 rpm under load. It just doesn't have the tq and hp to pull harder under load.
Switch the 50 tooth to a 72 tooth and the engine will be able to rev out to 7500 rpm or so. Also your acceleration will be much better.
You can try a 60 tooth but you'll no doubt end up going bigger to let it rev.
JMO

Ok was thinking maybe the black mamba senior cam just wasnt even getting started with the tav and low rpms, i had it on a clutch and coleman engine 19 inch wheel etc and it reved to 7000k np. so i ordered a black mamba jr cam since there a torque you think a 60 tooth and the black mamba jr would be a good combo. Or just go and stick with a 72 seems like it would have a ton of down low lol. The jr cams in tomorrow throw that one in with the 50 hope to see some type of improvement, i went from the 38 it came with to the 50 tooth since it was cheap and on amazon.

i purchused the 60 tooth hopefully it will be able to rev alittle more the 72 tooth for the trailmaster bike i have is like almost 60 dollars lol from go power sports a little expensive.

Last edited:
You just have to search the internet or google what you want. GPS and OldMiniBikes can get pricey and then of course you have to add the shipping.
I was going to order a decal from OldMiniBikes. It was small, cost $1. They wanted $7.99 to ship it !!!
You could put it in an envelope with a 50 cent stamp and mail it, but $8 ?
Their answer is spend $99 and shipping is free.
No Thanks

Well the black mamb jr is in unfortunately i bent the driver back plate on my tav getting it off the crankshaft so im waiting on a new one to come in the mail, im thinking thaat the jr will just all around be a better cam for a tav set up. i may throw the sr on a cltuch engine or just sell it.

SAS289

If you are still not happy with the 10/60 gearing can't you get a 9 or 8 tooth for the TAV? Cheaper than getting that huge 72 rear sprocket.

should be here by this weekend hopefully. i stoped by my mini bike shop and the owner talked me into a different weight itself for the driver unit say should also help me pick up some rpms.

Driver weight or springs will only pickup launch rpm,not rear driver spoolup..seems you pick up torque with larger rear wheel sprocket but it makes driven spool up sooner so to compensate need stiffer spring in driven or move existing spring to tighten setting..at least has been my experience w tavs

Last edited:
Driver weight or springs will only pickup launch rpm,not rear driver spoolup..seems you pick up torque with larger rear wheel sprocket but it makes driven spool up sooner so to compensate need stiffer spring in driven or move existing spring to tighten setting..at least has been my experience w tavs
What is considered the tightest position 1 2 3 I have a yellow spring in the first postion 9 o'clock with the holes being on the top part