Tecumseh 2.5 HP

I got four old Tecumseh side exhaust engines off edgers.
I am sure one is an H30 but will have to take a look at the others in the shed,
once the sun comes up. I'll toss ya a line by 9am or so.

Two I found were Craftsmen-Tecumseh engines:
left: 143 614152 41550
Right: 143 7511032 5109B (Head-Bolts-New Gasket included.

The H30 is a H35 Tecumseh not a H30 as I thought will post a picture on that one if your interested,
I think I have an original mini bike style carb and manifold for that one also.
Picture this evening on the H35

I have a running 2.5 hp Tecumseh engine that I am willing to let go of. It is a lightly used craftsman engine off of a front-throw reel mower which was once owned by a elderly lady down the street from my Grandma, she had been widowed since the 70's and the mower was last used then to mow a tiny dichondra lawn. I bought the mower from an estate sale specifically for the engine, and then replaced it with a more appropriate 3hp Briggs (then sold the mower to my gardener).

The Tecumseh 2.5 is in very good shape I would say. Though it didn't have spark when I bought it, so last July I replaced the points and condenser, flywheel key, and the fuel line. It has the sought after diaphragm style carb that allows for it to operate on a slanted mounting plate. It also has the sought after minibike style air cleaner cover, which needs the foam element that I'm sure someone on here could point you towards. I can get you the shaft diameter and length, as I know how important that is for some applications.

The model number is : 143 634012
Searspartsdirect.com has diagrams for this engine.
This is a honest 2.5 hp engine. The decal saying so is worn off, but the decals part # listing on the diagrams says it's a 2.5 HP. Paint on the engine is pretty good, no rust as it's a always been a garaged California engine.

I replaced the gas in it this morning, cleaned the tank and then started it up for the first time this season, ran good, a bit tricky to start with the old reel mower style throttle bracket/kill switch still on there. I had trouble holding the choke closed with my big fingers. :laugh: Here is a video of starting it for the first time this season and some photos from this morning 2/25/17:

[video=youtube;KK3yto8vGWo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK3yto8vGWo[/video]

Please let me know if you're interested, otherwise it's going in the for sale section.

Last edited: