teeth or lack of, dentures??

Think I'm going to get the rest of my teeth pulled in the next few weeks, and move on to dentures.
What do I have to look forward too?

:mad2: kids take care of your teeth, this ain't no fun.

I lost a few teeth due to Periodontitis and lack of money to stop the progress. But an old friend a plumber finished his dental schooling and is now 15 years in practice. Well I traded a 90+ Frigidare gas furnace for a set of dentures. I felt like I had a box of rocks in my mouth and I found out that your tongue takes time to reduce in size to fit in with the dentures. I have a very shallow upper pallet and I have to use denture glue.
Steve :scooter:

Think I'm going to get the rest of my teeth pulled in the next few weeks, and move on to dentures.
What do I have to look forward too?
I have a full upper and a lower partial, only 3 of my own teeth left on the bottom :doah: If they fit right they aren't a big deal once you get used to them :thumbsup:
Eating only SOFT foods that you don't have to chew much?!:shrug:
Michael
Not true I eat what ever I want, steak, nuts, corn on the cob :thumbsup: I don't eat hard candy or chew gum but that's just me :shrug:

Last edited:
I went a year without any teeth, to do 4 upper,4 lower implants, for a set of bars that mine clip to. I did have a temporary set, but the lowers didn't fit, and I couldn't eat with them, so basically, I wore the upper one so I didn't scare little kids.

When they were finished, they were great. I could eat anything. But after a couple broken teeth, I stopped eating apples or corn without cutting. But to your original question;

Pro- A broken tooth will never hurt.

Con- A grain of salt or hard crumb, caught under the denture can cause a raw spot that can make eating painful for days.

Pro- A broken tooth will never hurt.
I still get phantom toothaches. Take them out and it goes away with them. Put em back in and all good.

Full uppers and lowers due to low calcium. Family trait. I was able to get my original teeth to last 41 years, which is longer than anyone else in my family.

Another pro: No sensitivity to cold (ice cream, etc)

Have to agree that getting anything under them sucks.

I have had full dentures for 7 years now and still on the same set. Relined once about 5 years ago. I can eat anything(corn on the cob, nuts, chewing gum) and I do not have to use poligrip or any other adhesive.

Back when my last few teeth were pulled, I had a set of "immediate" dentures which had already been fitted prior. They made molds and then just guessed where the last teeth would be. They did well and the pain wasn't bad, but wasn't good. I could eat pretty normally after a week or so. After a couple months, I got this set, and still using them.

There are times though when I wish I still had the originals.

I have to remove my dentures every night because I bit my cheek once and as I wear a CPAP mask too.
When my little Jack Russell puppy Ginger found my dentures I thought I broke two of the teeth but my dentist said that it was not from a drop in the sink. :confused:

Steve:scooter:

My teeth are kind of hahahahaed. I've already got two crowns and have had who knows how many fillings done. My dad had almost all of his teeth removed when he was in his early 20s. I'm cursed with his bad teeth, but I do what I can to take care of them. I get cleanings every 3-4 months and my dentist is on top of other shit. I've had 3 fillings done in the last month. It doesn't help that I grind my teeth either. I refuse to pay the $700 they want for the guard thing to prevent that though. I've tried OTC ones and won't use them.

I even broke a tooth while eating a Skittle years ago.

I have a full set of uppers and a lower partial , and just like Harley's papa said eat what i want to and once you get used to them no big deal .
When you first get them as your mouth heals the teeth don't fit as well, its costly but having a few new sets made the first couple years help
And i have the ability to get a new set when ever i want for free .
If there is an Affordable Dentures anywhere near you they are a great place to go and you well find the best prices . My brother has one of there offices in Nc .

I have had my uppers for more than 10 years now, I have had them relined once and now I could use a new set but I'm holding out as long as I can :doah: My lower I had done at Aspen Dental, after they pulled the teeth they needed to I got a temporary partial and wore that for 6 months before I got my permanent one

I've got to get whats left of my tops pulled and have been putting it off so the damn things just keep rotting away.My last tooth infection kind of made me realize that the time needs to come soon,unfortunately my dental coverage sucks as does my credit score so no dentist will give me a payment plan without a co-signer.But there's a top notch Dental school at Case Western Reserve University and I heard they are really cheap,hell I don't care if students are working on my teeth,they can't mess them up anymore then they are now :laugh: