teeth or lack of, dentures??

Think I'm going to get the rest of my teeth pulled in the next few weeks, and move on to dentures.
What do I have to look forward too?

:mad2: kids take care of your teeth, this ain't no fun.

Good evening Sir,
I saw that Phil mentioned my name, probably because he knows I am a practicing dentist. I live and work in NC, but I would be happy to help answer any questions you may have about the process that you are about to go through. Just PM me, and I’ll send you my phone number.

I’ve read the comments made by others on your thread and I would have to say that I agree with most of what everyone has said. I own an Affordable Denture franchise in NC, and have been performing oral surgery and building dental appliances since I came out of Dental School, UNC Chapel Hill in 1990, too dang long. Anyway I see many people each day that I am taking their last teeth out and fabricating for them either full dentures or partials. I think the comments by David ( my brother) and Harleys Papa are very true. After you get used to the appliance, life gets better. In the beginning dentures usually feel like bricks, it takes a lot of getting used too, especially when you are also having to heal from the extractions you just had done. It is a learning experience to be sure. But, most people that I meet have made up their minds that dentures or partials are right for them at this time and are usually pretty motivated to learn how to make the dentures work for them. “ If there’s a Will, there’s a Way.” Stangrcr1 and David’s comments are also dead on about the initial fit of the immediate dentures and what should be done to have the dentures continue to fit properly. I usually recommend a patient start wearing an immediate denture from the time the teeth are extracted and have the appliance re-fit or re-made after 6+ months post surgery. Stangrcr1 is correct, the immediate denture is usually made from models of your teeth and gums before the teeth are extracted. This is necessary to have a temporary (immediate) denture ready to place following surgery. Yours gums and bone structure are going to change greatly during the first weeks and months after the surgery and the fit of the denture will need to be updated to maintain a more correct and comfortable fit. The member’s comments about keeping the best teeth, if possible and wearing a partial is also very good advise, especially on the lower. Lower dentures are really a pain to wear, more so then the upper. I’ll stop, I’m probably starting to get boring. Anyway, if you would like any more info, PM me and we can talk. If you are at the point were extraction and appliances are the only option left, you’ll get through it, everyone does, it just takes some motivation.

Jesse

I have a ton of restored teeth and composite work, a gold crown and even amalgam fillings and have two teeth missing on the right side top and bottom totaling four from fighting for years and damaging the jaw to where the teeth just would not stay. They are missed as is one bottom front row tooth that was a root canal gone bad and I have six root canals intact and trouble free but damn that stuff hurts. Ask for Septocaine as a general rather than Novacaine and you will feel little to no pain, the injections are aggravating but once they done you the feeling is gone. I plan a total dental implant procedure eventually though and some jaw work where the missing teeth are to hold the implants. There is bone loss but they can build it up with surgical cement after making anchor points. I want the teeth of a young man again minus the damage to the jaw and car accidents so the cost is worth it to me. I have stabilized teeth, regular cleanings and check ups but my teeth hurt sometimes and the gold crown transfers heat and cold way to efficiently and that kills sometimes. I'm ready for all new teeth but no dentures for me unless they are them pop in kind, I have looked into that but the fact they are not permanent has got me on the fence about it. I love to eat and have some trouble, the missing bottom front tooth bugs me but the space will not allow for anything but a crooked implant since the tooth was crooked. Yep, time to decide what to do so I can enjoy what time I got left and eat like I want.

I knew with my teeth, it was going to happen. I just happened to be on active duty and the Navy paid for it.

I do miss my original teeth. It is not the same. But I am much happier that I did it. I have a friend at work that went for years with gums and some nubs for teeth. He finally went and got dentures and is much happier that he can eat anything now. He was on pretty much a mush diet...

I wish you luck and hope your back to to your old self soon.

I have all my teeth.
But I have a synous issue and can not chew on the right side.
Dentist says its all in my head.

My synous doc says I have an infection ( DUH ).
Well I always have one.
I hear wistling noises all the time too....
I know its polyps.

End of Oct I get the Camera up my nose and another bout of pills I suspect.
I need another scrape job, after that some of the pain will go away.

Side note:
I had my GP test and Xray my chest and I do not have lung cancer! oir something bad like that!!!!!
I had a real scare again ( had a previous scare a few years back with a lump on a vocal cord )

My GP says the trouble in my chest is a result he suspects of years of smoking phlem starting to move, age and mucus from my synous issues ( chest infections follow ).

So if your teeth hurt, might not be your teeth at all.
Might be other things you should follow up on.

Added 5 months smoke free.
I still cough a lot but its better !!!!!

now a days they can do full set of anchored implants all in one day.

I wear a partial upper for the four front teeth, when I was younger I fought a bunch and had em folded in a few times, which effectively killed em. I am 51 and have worn a partial for 20 years, hate the glue but it is what it is.

now a days they can do full set of anchored implants all in one day.

I wear a partial upper for the four front teeth, when I was younger I fought a bunch and had em folded in a few times, which effectively killed em. I am 51 and have worn a partial for 20 years, hate the glue but it is what it is.
full set of anchored implants all in one day will still be an option, it's currently not in the budget

I agree with Tx powdercoater
Implants are the best. more cost up front ( no pun intended )
but in the long run, with the amount of followup, refit,etc. the long-term cost may be better. Certainly, a more permanent solution. Got a couple myself, they work great. Start saving the spare change now
good luck. ask for gas

Ignore your teeth, they'll go away