Tell your spouse you love them

Lost my wife Thursday morning unexpectedly. She was at work and had a heart attack, nothing could have been done (per the coroner her aorta basically exploded). She worked dispatch for the Sheriff's department and it happened an hour before the end of her shift. They started CPR on her immediately but there was nothing that could have been done to save her. My phone bricked itself the night this happened so I got woken up at 6:20am by the Richmond police ringing my doorbell and telling me I needed to get to the hospital now.

She left for work Wed night, we did the usual "see you in the morning" with a quick kiss ( she worked 9pm-7am, I'd leave for work right when she got home). Never would I have imagined that'd be the last time I saw her.

The Alameda County Sheriffs Department (who she spent 16 years with) have been awesome through all of this. She was wrapped in an American flag and and had 18 officers saluting her when they brought her to the coroner van. They then did a slow motorcade with lights to the coroner's office. Our family rode with the Sheriff.

This is hard. I've dealt with my parent's deaths and they weren't sudden. Losing someone you're in love with suddenly like this is on a totally different level. Don't take a single moment for granted.

I attached the last pic I took of her earlier in the week giving our dog some loves.

RIP Melissa. I loved you more than you'll ever know.

Attachments

Ahh Buddy, I can only guess at the sorrow you feeling right now. Sounds like you and the Mrs. were very much in love. I have subscribed to the mantra, Love You, whenever I end conversations with those close to me. Everything can change in one moment. I feel your pain. Please accept my condolences for your loss. Take it one day at a time. Good memories will slowly replace the hurt.

Fred

pomfish

Man, that is so heavy and really something alot of us probably don't want to fathom but also have to worry of the shoe on other foot.
Already survived a heart attack and am determined to cut down crap that is not needed, kids want nothing to do with most of the stuff that our generation deems cool/desirable. Giving away stuff seems to help sometimes more than selling it.
Hope that some of the things we have accumulated do not become a burden to those who are left behind.

Anyway thoughts are with you, thanks for sharing with us,
Keith