The factory installed "side exhaust" thread

markus

I've seen it mentioned from time time that side exhaust engines were not used on mini bikes, I in fact believed that up until a few years ago when I was researching a particular bike and was doing more than just quickly scanning over brochures or advertisement that someone had taken the time to post up on the internet for all the world to see and enjoy and learn from :thumbsup:

So for this thread let show the side popper some love!!! If you happen to come across a factory/advertisement/test report photo of a bike where they used a tec side popper for power please post it up. This is not for posting up a photo of a freak bike that someone slapped the engine off grampa's driveway edger, factory installed only please, so this cam be used for reference for future builds/saves :thumbsup:

markus

Stellar and Barris, If you have ever had one of these, you will quickly realize there isnt room for a taylor style exhaust....these bikes were SHORT and the engine was pretty far back making hot dog muff placement bad.

This is the mini bike I have owned the longest ..I probably had it over 20 years. It's a cousin to the MB200...George3 calls it a Bonanza 1110 so I will defer to his knowledege.

I replaced the grips and added the kill switch so my kids could ride it comfortably when they were little..I still have the original Cherry grips with the checkerboard pattern and the round exhaust muffler that came on it.

Anyway, I bought it from the original owner and he said he never changed anything on it. It had one of those round side exhaust mufflers. You can see it screwed to the end of the the "plumbers exhaust" I made for it a long time ago to try and make it safer and quieter.

This one is in the resto shop now.......

Last edited: