The Snow Baja Mini...

Good luck on the ski. I have one on my Boonie and it is about worthless other than for a straight line and to say " look how cool my bike is " The minute I cut the wheel it skids out .:doah:

Just to give you an idea how dirty the outside of the carb is ..

Always clean your carb, before you clean your carb ;) The pine sol soak...

I also drained the gas from the tank, it was a dark apple juice color.
Ya....
Late to the party again on these threads....

got an old slow cooker?
Put a carb and some antifreeze on low and next morning the Glycol will do the work for you.
And it won't eat any rubber...

Head over to Canadian tire and ask who services the Baja line in your area.
They may have a few blown up bikes or atleast assorted parts on the cheap you should look into.

Failing this I can hook you up with source 1 Imports here in the nickel city.
My guys will look after you.

As for that O ring now...
I think I have some stuff here in a can.
I need to look.
Parts have been misplaced over the years.

Ok, I better update this thread... Since I'm waiting for my shipment of parts from OldMiniBikes, I haven't really done much. Shipping from the states is almost 3 freaking weeks, where shipping from England is 4 days... I don't get it...

Anyways, I took off the gas tank, front and rear fenders and removed all the warning stickers.

I also removed the baffle from the stock exhaust box. Get ready to laugh...
When I tried to button it all back up, my welder was too hot and it just melted the stupid chinamoly metal.

I just stopped there and decided to fab up a straight pipe. Here I cut off the flange..

and here's a simple mockup of what it will look like..

make sure you remove this from the inside diameter of the flange ...

here it is mocked up ...

I also added this simple baffle, I don't know if it really makes a difference, but I can open and close it if I want to. I may go bigger.

Shameless shot...

cxbra

I'd say, whatever you do keep it simple! If I were you, I would simply run the studded baja tire and find/fabricate the front ski and try it out.. If it doesnt work, then try something else. You might be able to fit that 9" wide paddle in there, the stock tires (7 inch wide?) have plenty of room on each side.

Wow.. A lots happened... Engine blown. Bought a new one, installed the billet rod and flywheel. I lost my light because the billet flywheel is too small.

I took her out in the snow today with stock tires and it does ok. The clutch I feel is the weak point. Sometimes it doesn't engage in deep snow. Anyone know if its because its wet or just weak?

rmm727

You lost the ability to run your headlight because aftermarket billet flywheels don't have the magnets on the inside for a lighting coil, not because its smaller.

You lost the ability to run your headlight because aftermarket billet flywheels don't have the magnets on the inside for a lighting coil, not because its smaller.
Yeah magnets would also help.... The inner diameter of the flywheel would not fit over the old lighting coils also.

Do you just live with no lights?

MikeBear

Get some LED flashlights, and mount them on the front of the bike with emt hangers, or whatever works for you. Some of them are quite bright.

Problem solved.